The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Dallas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
So I'm a little late introducing myself. Over the years I've visited the Magic Café off and on, to satisfy my curiosity regarding certain effects. I finally joined a few years ago.

After joining, I made a few posts but mostly lingered here and there.

I was a magician in my early teens. I performed at birthday parties, church events, fairs, retirement homes, etc.

Unfortunately, around the age of 16, we moved. I lost all my clients and all the great referrals. I remember doing 2 shows after we moved. I did a birthday party and a community event. I just never got back into the swing of things. After I graduated, my props had already collected a lot of dust.

Fast forward 18 years, and I really want to get started again. Things are more difficult time-wise, as I have two kids and a wife to attend to. However, impressing my 4-year-old son is so much fun. Although he is quite the intelligent little rascal and loves to search all around me when a coin disappears.

Wish I would have had a mentor way back when, who would have encouraged me to keep going, to rebuild my client base.

Hope it isn't too late to start doing shows again. I've recently invested in a couple props that needed replacing. I purchased a metal Lota Vase (huge upgrade from the cheap one I used back then). My favorite running gag was that my magic props had a mind of their own. The Chinese Sticks refused to cooperate with my instructions (Step 1: Make sure both cords are of equal length). I needed a dry, empty vase for an illusion, but every time I reached for it, it had more water in it.

Well, this was longer than I originally intended. Hope someone out there finds my story.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome servant,

The Café can help inspire you and answer some of your questions.
I assume you've found "The Little Darlings" forum.
Don't forget, you can research a topic to see if it' s been covered before.

Best of luck (and hard work).

Mary Mowder
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Happy to have you here servant! I think you'll find a lot of people in your shoes who came into magic after an absence. Myself included. I'm a collector and hobbyist now, but like you, performed when I was a teen. Gave it all up in college, and then one day while having some time to kill on a business trip, walked into a magic shop.

Boom. That was 15 years ago and I haven't looked back.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Happy to have you here servant! I think you'll find a lot of people in your shoes who came into magic after an absence. Myself included. I'm a collector and hobbyist now, but like you, performed when I was a teen. Gave it all up in college, and then one day while having some time to kill on a business trip, walked into a magic shop.

Boom. That was 15 years ago and I haven't looked back.

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad I'm not alone.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Servant...congratulations! You made it to 50 posts. You can now access the "Let's make a deal!" section, and "The Banquet Room" at the very bottom of the site. Both are two of my favorite areas to hang, and you'll find a ton of bargains from trusted sellers in "Let's make a deal!"
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
servant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
101 Posts

Profile of servant
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Servant...congratulations! You made it to 50 posts. You can now access the "Let's make a deal!" section, and "The Banquet Room" at the very bottom of the site. Both are two of my favorite areas to hang, and you'll find a ton of bargains from trusted sellers in "Let's make a deal!"

Well, that's sweet! I didn't realize there was an area to buy/sell illusions. Very nice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Dallas (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL