The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul Brand New Penguin Live Act (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Give Marc a big round of applause!!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Max Hazy wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Mac_Stone wrote:
Enjoyed the lecture Marc. One question, the PDF notes mention a routine called This, That and the Other. I might be missing something but I don't recall this routine performed or explained in the lecture.

Check in the learn section. There should be 2 videos, a pdf and a zip folder with two other pdfs. It's in the second video as a bonus because it wasn't performed in the act.

I'll give a better review later but I can say in advance that this is TERRIFIC material.

Indeed, I did miss something. Thank you.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Give Marc a big round of applause!!
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Everyone,
I'm posting this here because I'm getting daily requests for the size of the envelopes I use in my Penguin Live Act. Here's the information you need...

The sizes are this: The small black envelopes are approx 82mm x 112mm and the white (it's actually a very pale blue) is 90mm x 140mm. Remember the important aspect is to make sure the flap is V-Shaped. I bought these envelopes in the UK where we call the smaller envelopes a C7 size envelope, you can get them in a variety of colours. They are used for small greeting cards that would accompany a bouquet of flowers.

The "business cards" I use are actually double blank playing cards that have been trimmed down slightly so that they look more like business cards. Using double blank playing cards ensures that the cards handle well and that the ink from a Sharpie does not bleed through.

I hope that covers everything.
All the best
Marc
Bendeck
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Bendeck
Marc's Thought Reader saved me big time when I had technical trouble getting my p""" during a formal stage show. Thinking on my feet, I resorted to involve another member of the audience which solved everything. Not only that, but the conditions were so fair it left the skeptical participant in awe. Good awe.

Thank you Marc.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Marc Paul's Penguin Live Act is exceptional. Just to watch Marc perform is a joy. Such a smooth, polished super-pro. And he brings such positive energy to his performance. Always in control, yet treats his volunteers and audience with kindness and respect.

This Live Act lecture is on my short list of top 5 Penguin mentalism lectures of all time.

And his closer, "Thought Reader", wow. Thought I had it figured out at the start of the routine, but then as it progressed, I started to realize clearly I did not...only to be completely fooled by the end. This "mini Q&A" is very strong. I believe I have owned the majority of Q&A systems available, which I bought to study and learn how they work. This one fooled me.

So many new releases disappoint. Then every now and again one comes along where you feel like you received so much more than what you paid. This is one of those exceptional cases where the value delivered is many times the cost.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
Marc Paul's Penguin Live Act is exceptional.

Fully agreed! Thought Reader is probably the best singled structured routine I've seem in the last 20 years... I already told Marc. I've streamlined it and made improvements though to fit my own needs and it became the very best two envelope test I could ever wish and I already used in a gig... it's perfect! If you think about it... you don't have to do the dirty work as suggested... you can be more subtle by doing it when coming back to take the envelope... because it will be verified later anyway, so this serves as a shield to the method. You can also show both contents cleanly if you give it thought... and I've also made yet another enhancement that is even more visible for the performer and even more invisible for the participants (passed the wife test like a champion!) but I'll share those only in the Codex Mentis group (obviously I'll do it in a way that only owners of Marc's lecture will understand)... my attention to this is so deep because this blends seamlessly to my Q&A act.

I'm a little uncomfortable calling attention to something this much good... but in all honesty, this is possibly the very best structured routine I've ever seem in the last 20 years.

Max
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
This lecture is too good as Max Hazy mentioned.

- The teaching is great.
- The trick is great. Really there is a wide range of tricks in there.
- Performance is great.
- Act construction is great.
- PDF supplement is great.

I love how flexible this lecture is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul Brand New Penguin Live Act (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL