The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How to age a key and other metal objects (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I had not planned on doing this tutorial, but I was convinced by some friends and colleagues on Facebook in the Bizarre Magick Group. Truthfully, this should be how I age a key. Because I have not seen any other tutorials online that use any similar techniques.

If this does well, I may make additional tutorials.

http://magicandmurder.com/store-5/How-to......19892483

This is an instant download.
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
That looks fantastic!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Love the look.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
648 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
This used to be a cheap aluminum key I got at a thrift store.
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
Um, I bought this tutorial because of how good the key in this photo looks. I’m zooming in with the iPad and it actually looks like a rusty key. The only photo of this key is on the first page of the tutorial, and the tutorial does not show how this key was aged, it shows how a regular magic store haunted key was aged, and the final picture looks nothing like this. It looks pretty good, from a distance, I’m sure. It just doesn’t look like the picture in the original post. I have actually been surprised at how easy it is to find large, naturally aged and authentic gate keys like this on eBay, both brass and iron, nonmagnetic and magnetic. Many of them for less than $10 including shipping.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How to age a key and other metal objects (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL