The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Joshua Jay on The Tonight Show! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Here's Joshua Jay in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68OA51F-jwE

Mike
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Jimmy Fallon Loves magic so check your listings.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I love Josh Jay, huge fan. But this just didn't seem to hit on all cylinders with the audience. I felt it fell flat.

Plus, fish and snake are just too far out of the norm if you ask someone to think of an animal. Maybe if the question had been to name a TYPE of animal.
I was left feeling the concept was created in reverse, i.e. I want to end with a 6' snake so how do I get there?

Josh has fooled me badly many times before and more importantly, left me feeling a sense of wonder. So I had high hopes and have to admit that I was disappointed.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
This is why I don't like TV magic. Edited, setup, all the above or pieces of. Joshua is obviously good but use your skills next time.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Josh is better than this.....one of the better minds in the business
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
The performance surely wasn't for magicians.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok I don't like TV magic as a rule, but this seemed great to me.

I think it was wonderful. Audience seemed to like it, Fallon was wonderful. I thought it was a success.

I don't see what is wrong with deciding what the ending is and getting there. That is a perfectly valid way to engineer entertainment. It is very effective.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Didn’t work theatrically. Rightly or wrongly it just screamed stooges. Too perfect theory.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea well he is on the Tonight show. So there's that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The sock trick is a force but what if jimmy did go for the other sock with the knife ?? I guess he would have done the same & said glad you didn't pick this one ?
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I didn't think the sock trick was a force. I think he could have pulled the knife out of either sock.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ok I don't like TV magic as a rule, but this seemed great to me.

I think it was wonderful. Audience seemed to like it, Fallon was wonderful. I thought it was a success.

I don't see what is wrong with deciding what the ending is and getting there. That is a perfectly valid way to engineer entertainment. It is very effective.

I AGREE WITH DANNY 100% ... This was very good .. In fact, when I design effects I often ask people what they think would be super amazing and go from there .. Working backwards .. Makes perfect sense to me!!!!

BTW .. please don't tip anything on this open end of the forum.... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
banjoman
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of banjoman
I love Josh, even if it a Tv show still was pleasure to watch him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Joshua Jay on The Tonight Show! (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL