The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Bill Tube by Viking Magic (Review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/bill-tube-deluxe/

A signed dollar bill is found to vanish from underneath a handkerchief held by the spectator, and is found inside a locked, threaded brass tube.
---
Viking's Description:

The performer borrows a dollar bill, which is initialed by the spectator, and the serial number is noted. The bill is now folded, secured with a rubber band and placed within the folds of a hank, held by the spectator. Performer now displays a small brass tube with a threaded lid and brass bar running through it and a lock. This is given to the spectator to hold in his free hand.

The performer now snatches the hank from the spectator’s hand and the hank proves to be empty! The dollar bill has vanished! Spectator himself removes the locking bar and unscrews the lid to the brass tube, which he has been holding throughout the routine. Inside he finds the MISSING, signed bill!

This is by far the most beautiful version of this effect. Highly polished brass, machined to perfection. Made by the people who know what true quality is all about.

Don’t be mislead, all Bill Tubes are not alike; this is the Rolls Royce of Bill Tubes, guaranteed to exceed all others in quality, beauty and performance. Our Deluxe Bill Tube is crafted from solid brass; threaded top with locking pin and brass lock. Use your own hank or purchase a Bill Vanishing Hank from us. Do not accept cheap imitations. Look for our engraved “VH” logo on all our brass items.

---
This tube is quite great. Not only is the tube locked with a pin and padlock, but it has quite a long threaded top that takes the spectator a while to unscrew the top. It is well hidden. You receive two keys on a ring to open the lock. It is quite a beautiful piece of machined metal, polished brilliantly and it feels quite heavy and well-built. I wouldn't hit it with a hammer of course, or purposely try to scratch it, but it is quite solid.

As the BT is complicated to get into, the reset time is a little lengthy. A cheaper BT like the Royal Magic BT (if you're willing to put in a little work) may be better for quicker resets. Also, it can come loose or lock in the pocket. My solution is to dab a little bit of glue from a glue stick there every so often.

I've allowed my brother to examine the tube extensively after the trick was over. He didn't figure it out. I think the tube is a little pricey but considering the excellence of the machinery and the double locking system, it is worth it.

4.5/5 stars.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I have one of these and I agree with what Bill said.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I agree with the above comments. If the tube was a little bit larger, I would consider it to be perfect or very close to it.

Perhaps the Bill Tubes of decades ago such as the one Tannen sold is still the best. There may be a few good ones still being made but not sure what is currently available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Bill Tube by Viking Magic (Review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL