The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Clean, Easyish 3 Fly (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8UyMj3iL0

I've made so many recordings of this thing. It is so difficult to get it too look right on video, because so much of the trick involves body motion and a variety of view points, and a shirt pocket which I didn't have today. So this video and performance may not be perfect, but hopefully it looks well enough.

Let me know what you think! Smile
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Hi

A nice, friendly (camera) performance in general with some solid magical moments. One bit of feedback you may wish to consider is that the coins in both hands come together a few times without much motivation. By way of example, I like (and use) the ploy used by R Paul Wilson here: https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/magi......ded=true at 1 minute 20 seconds - it seems to justify the contact in the name of fairness (I would recommend the download even if just for some of the nuances).

PS - I'm not a heavy coin worker so this is just my $.02. Charlie.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
The fly landed on him 3 times during the 3fly routine...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
^ Hahaha!

I think I'll re-record it soon. I've changed the patter a bit and (hopefully) I won't have to deal with an actual fly. Smile
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Here is a newer version, hopefully improved (and no fly!). Let me know what you think! Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62R01yzSm8
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Will, are you left handed? Kind of looks that way.

Why did you just do the Pop-up move on the tried coin? It is suppose to just appear, not pop up like you haven been hiding it in your fingers all along.

I think you should define what the trick will be, then actually work to do that effect. You say travel, but then you move the coin while in your hand. You say appear, but then you just push it up out of your fingers.

There Fly is much easier using silver dollars, no need for any gimmicks, not even really sleight of hand used.
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
There Fly is much easier using silver dollars, no need for any gimmicks, not even really sleight of hand used.

Thanks for the feed back! What version would you recommend then?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The original by the inventor Chris Kenner of course.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Yeah, there are cleaner and better versions. It's fine to practice alternatives if you want, but if you're going to perform, stick to the good ones. (Use your best judgement for what makes a version "good", or try to find versions endorsed by the effect creator or by people who've seen and done them all, for example.)

P!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Clean, Easyish 3 Fly (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL