The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Can anyone remember the name & inventor of this packet trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Hi all, I bought this pocket trick years ago, but cannot remember the name of the trick.

The King escapes his card and he is found within the queen card.

Anyone remember?

Click here to view attached image.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have the same set and asked a couple years ago. No one came close. I even reached out to Shawn Farquhar when he marketed ”The Jealous King” which is similar but less lewd. Again, nothing... If you figure it out, let me know. I still have my set somewhere. Are yours blue bikes and laminated? Mine are.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Mine are red bikes & laminated.
I thought it was called "courting" or something similar.
I have the notes/ instructions somewhere packed away but cannot find them. Smile

Cheers for the update, if I find out I will update here.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Could it have been a Gordon Bean effect?
Pseudolus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Pseudolus
Do you know roughly when this was made?
What are the other cards used in the effect?
You say the cards are laminated, are they jumbo cards?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
They are poker size rider backs. I probably bought mine in the later 90’s or early 2000’s there are only 3 cards in the set (one is a df) story was something along lines (after showing the King and Queen of Hearts) you showed a “sort of” blank card it had K/H pips and a broken border but no “king” then the NSFW card with the King and Queen “Together” (so to speak).

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
I believe this might be The Jealous King, by Shawn F. There was also a similar themed packet trick by Kikuchi, the name of which escapes me.
BWind
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Definitely not Jealous King. I have that one too. As I stated in my 1st post above, I even emailed and discussed it with Shawn and he had never seen or heard of it before. Will have to look into the other name though

Smile Smile
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Poof-Daddy,
The Shawn trick shows up as disco'ed, (Murphy's used to carry the trick). One of the Kikuchi packet effects was called Fu-Fu King & the other I can't remember, but recall it was pretty gruesome for the times.
BWind
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
So who gets the credit for updating the Hofzinser item "Lost, Stolen or Strayed, a King" where you withdraw the king from inside the Queen?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Can anyone remember the name & inventor of this packet trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL