The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FISM 2021 Quebec (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Hi was thinking about attending..I have never been to one and not sure what to expect..is it just performances? Or there are lectures too?

thanks
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Plenty of stuff. Shows, lectures and more
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
Anybody having trouble applying for FISM (Intl member) card, in order to get the FISM member rate while registering for FISM 2021?

See the problem I'm having...
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=207

Another link said to do this if I don't get the card (by snail mail? in 2-3 weeks).. https://cammagic.org/2018/07/20/fism-quebec-2021/
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
It's all good now. Please disregard above post Smile
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
gerryc
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gerryc
Very difficult website to move through
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
If you think the website wasn't friendly wait until you try to book a hotel. Regarding the FISM card to my knowledge this is the first time they do this — I did not go to Korea but I have been to 12 FISMs in the past (the last 7 prior to Korea all in a row). FISM has changed a lot since Eric Eswin —past president of FISM— converted the European meeting into a "wide world" affair. Traditionally FISM were the European societies, USA, Canadian and Japanese. In 2009 the meeting went to China making a lot of other members upset about the option —the Chinese Government was pulling the strings after the Olympic Games of 2008 and they ran the meeting in Beijing. After this, there was no European club or group that wanted to put on the next FISM in 2012. Blackpool became the "forced choice" as they already host a large meeting on a yearly basis and they know how to handle large crowds. In 2015 the Italians hijacked the meeting. In Rimini the meeting ran with a bias towards the Italian TV and alienated many of the performers. I think the Canadians are going to do a good job and I think so far the organization seems good. They don't have an "ax to grind" and they want to do a good job as this the first FISM in North America. I am going and I have already made my hotel reservations! For some of you that have never been, I'd like to say: "The essence of FISM is the competitions". Go to these both Stage and Close-up. They will have a great exhibit with more than 100 dealers and these are great! The galas are too long; some of these are 3 and 4 hours long with intermission. The lectures... to me you can see this guys at different meetings unless it is Tamariz —always go to his lectures or close-up shows! The same for some of the legends in Magic. It's the greatest "smorgasbord" in magic so choose well.

See you there,

hbenod
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FISM 2021 Quebec (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL