The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rubik's Revenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Josh Isenhardt
In the next two weeks I plan to start construction on Rubik's revenge out of Mark Parker's book, Illusion Design. I am looking for other people that have successfully built this illusion or are in the process of doing so to brainstorm with. I would like to avoid some mistakes if possible. PM me if you can help. Thanks everybody.

Wow, I guess it's nice to know I'll be the only person in the world doing Rubik's Revenge. . . at least that frequents the Magic Café. Smile
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
You could try asking Mark Parker, but good luck in trying to get him to respond.
Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

I sent him an email a week ago outlining everything I have said here . . . so far no response.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I sent him 3 emails and a couple of PM's months ago and no response. If you spend $100.00 on a book, then you expect the author to respond to questions. Some customer service huh? Good luck with the illusion. Rubik's Revenge & Revolution are my favorites from the book.
Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

The next on my list is Inertia but I agree that Revolution is a phenomenal effect. I am a bit disappointed with Mark's apparent lack of service. Is there anyone out there that knows Mark personally and could maybe shed some light on why we can't seem to get a reply from him? I refuse to believe that he doesn't care about his customers but it appears that way due to the circumstances.
fredpaulbailey
View Profile
New user
Fred
51 Posts

Profile of fredpaulbailey
I don't have the book. But did he write in the book that he would be available to answer any questions and to feel free contact him?

I bought Bill Clinton's book today and I bet if I tried to e-mail him with a question about it I would not get a response either!

I feel if a person writes a book they should not have to provide technical support (unless they promise to do so in the book).

Maybe you would be better off giving it your own interpretation (sp) to help make it more original.
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Hi Guys,

I've been in constant contact with Mark for some time now. He really is a great guy and a terrific designer.

Regarding him not replying please keep in mind he is a VERY VERY busy guy. He travels overseas a fair amount as well. He's also had his computer stolen and was unable to reply to email for a significant period during the original post. From my knowledge it has since been replaced.

If all else fails, give him a call. I think his number is listed on his site.

Mark's a great fella guys, just really busy, that's all.

Cheers,

Mike
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

That is very encouraging to hear. I am sold on his illusions but it's good to hear that there is a reason I haven't heard from him. I'll try emailing him a few more times. Thanks for the info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rubik's Revenge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL