The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cane Spinning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
Hello,
I saw a movie on the TV the other night called 'Batman Forever'
(Call me sad if you wish Smile )
The riddler had a staff that he continuely spinned around in circles, up his arm, around his back ect.
This looked amazing,
Where could I learn such a thing?
Any books or videos?
I know magic on stage volume 1has a standard canes pin, but I want advanced handling.
Thanks,
Take care,
Kevin. Smile
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
cane spin*
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
I don't mean to sound like a smart alec but have you considered just getting a cane or a large stick and just practicing?

Seriously, watch the movie again if you want and then go outside where you won't break anything and just spin it. If you want another good resource I would say martial arts. I've done quite a bit of spinning and stuff and everything I do I learned in martial arts.

-Dan
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
I will try that,
I have been practising with a pole and so far so good,
Thanks Dan,
Take care
Kevin.
Smile
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Kev

Try your local Kung Fu School. If you need any help or advice with staff spinning let me know. I have been doing it for quite a while now and have gotten pretty good. I notice you are from Glasgow. If you ever see a circus called 'The Pictish State Circus' go along and see. One of the guys, Gavin, is one of the best staff spinners in the country.

Hope this helps

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cane Spinning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL