The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Soft TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
OK, I've gone through dozens of "hard" plastic TTs through the years, and I always have to stretch them to fit my bit "T"... Usually just boiling water to heat 'em up, then stretch them on a wooden "form" slightly larger than my "T."

I recently got an XXL "soft" one, stretched it, and within hours it had gone back to nearly its original size. Any clues on a permanent stretch, or do I stick with the hard ones? (I really like the feel and looks of the softie.)
joef90
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of joef90
I have the same problem-soft rubber seems to have a memory which is a shame for big thumbers like us!
Lauren Benson
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Lauren Benson
I saw a guy that is making custom thumb tips from a plaster mold of your own finger. I thought this was a great idea. Any one have one of these? It is made by Arlen studios.
God Bless,
Lauren
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I've seen the Arlen too. To me it seems overkill for most routines and most thumbs.

Seems like it would be useful if you're trying to fool magicians. Otherwise it's unnecessary.

But if you've got huge thumbs to deal with, it could be the way to go just for that reason.

I like the softies as well.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
PLEA: If anyone is even THINKING of posting the story about the CHROME or FLORESCENT thumb tip, stop now. Thanks in advance! lol

Cheers!

Jimeuax
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
But that's WHY I need a good soft tip! My thumb, through a quirk of nature, is actually flourescent orange with a chrome thumbnail...

Unless I cover it with a flesh-colored plastic one, no one will ever see it! Smile
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
Dai Vernon spent a lot of time painting a "6th finger" trying to EXACTLY match his skin tone. If it's good enough for the Professor....

Cheers! Jimo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Soft TT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL