The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove from notepad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Does anyone know details about this product. Do you need a special pad or will any pad work. If a special one is needed can you buy refills. Where can you get the product too. I was told it has no body loads.

Any info would help
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
This effect is really simple actually, if we are thinking of the same effect. You will not need refills. Dave Womach does a simular effect on his Secrets of Bird Magic Vol. 1 video. You can purchase it from Dave by calling the contact number from his website. http://www.DaveWomach.com his method will actually save you a bundle as I have seen this same trick sold on other sites for $40 or more...
Magically,
Bryan Gilles- Gilles Galaxies Magical Productions
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dove from notepad sells for $90. They just sold one on the magic auction for $60. It is a self contained production and no body loads are needed.
Where the magic begins
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
The dove from notepad was an idea I created independantly with Adrian Van Vactor some years ago. There's been a lot of misunderstanding and a lot of stealing too with this effect unfortunately. I just wanted to clear up that the one I do and the one Adrian Does on occasion is not the one for sale on the market and we've been doing our version long before anyone started selling it as a prop or giving the secret on video. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I've gotten a lot of heat from it and I just wanted to take a public opportunity to set some things straight with it. Thanks for listening,
sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
The method used on my tape, is a way to produce a parakeet, from a coloring book. Same idea could be used to produce a dove. But I just wanted to make it clear to Dan and everyone else, that it is not in anyway the same effect, or method.

Dave
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
My apologies Dave. When I read this topic, I visualized the effect off your video. "The parakeet from the coloring book" is a great looking piece. I actually use a book about parakeets to pull my little guy from.
Great idea!
Bryan
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
No worries Bryan. I just wanted to clear that up so there were no misunderstandings or negative feedback by Dan.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
To me, the magic community, is like a dinner menu: You have appetizers, main course, vegitarian, desserts, etc. etc. In magic you have close up, mentalism, manipulation, etc. There are a lot of things on a dinner menu that I like that dislike and there is a lot of magic that I like and dislike.

I am a tough magic critic and I'm somewhat hard to impress, if someone asks me my opinon of someone's act I'll express my opinions and back them with my thinking as to why I feel certain things. But, my feelings about someone's magic act does not necessairly reflect how I personally feel about that person/magician. No matter what the subject is, if someone says one constructive thing or expresses something that they don't like, that comment is always the first to get gossiped around and always the first to get stretched and warped until it isn't even what the original person said in the first place. It's like that old game of telephone we all used to play in pre-school. I never just bash other magicians acts for no reason. If I give constructive comments and critisims I always have my reasons for my opinions, and that's all they are, are my opinions. You can't please everybody. If someone asks me my opinions I will give them, I'm not going to sugar coat it or lie, but what that individual does with my comments and how they take them can be misconstruded into the total opposite of what I said and meant in the first place whether on purpose or by accident.

SperriS
DANSPERRY.COM
streetmagician_08
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of streetmagician_08
Can somone please describe this trick as the audience would see it? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does anyone know where this version is available? A dry erase board is shown and a dove is drawn then erased with a cloth, the cloth is wadded up and a dove is produced from it? Thanks. Don't remember where I saw it. Any methods, books would help.

-Thayne
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Jason Byrne does it with the dry erase board but with a duck.

Alex
streetmagician_08
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of streetmagician_08
Yes, that's where I saw it. Can anyone give me information on methods or describe them? I might need a good version for a possible scholarship. Thanks
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Jason's method is not the marketed dove from notepad. I remember being with him when he was workign out a mach version of it, as far as I know its all his own idea so it isn't a marketed effect.
DANSPERRY.COM
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Dan is correct, it is not for sale.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Ok the site is up, my version is currently available from my xtremedovemagic.com site. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or email me...

Dan
DANSPERRY.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove from notepad (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL