The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cody Fisher's Las Vegas Aces (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2004-10-04 05:21, niva wrote:
While on the subject; I am dying to get his Fifty-Two thoughts? Can I copy the sheets myself once they are used up? This effect looks great and a lot of fun.

I have 52 thoughts. I have kept one of the pages in my fire wallet for about a year. I only switch it when the top gets a little burnt.

I think I have used two sheets. I have never done the card part yet. Maybe I should someday.

How's that Tossed Deck of Cody's doin'? Anyone tried that out yet?

Cody, I need one of those decks.

John
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I know we are talking about a different effect, but I had to add my two cents for 52 thoughts. I wear a suit and tie every day and always have one of these in my shirt pocket at all times. I picked this up, because I have had great success with the No/Animal/Bar Code bit in my act for about 17 years. It is one of the few bits that has lasted so long in my act. This allows me to have it with me at all times and do a kick butt card routine to boot.

Maybe it is because I perform this so frequently, but I found no problems memorizing the cards that are needed. This is a great effect that has brought me a lot of good reactions.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Thanks Michael...

John...the Tossed Out Deck is doing GREAT. Just lectured with this at The Magic Castle this past Sunday...it was a BIG hit!

Thanks guys!

Cody
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I was at Cody's lecture at the Magic Castle, and his Tossed Out Deck incorporates a couple of fantastic ideas that make the three revelations appear much more targeted and much stronger in audience impact. Best part of the lecture!

Getting back to the original thread topic, his Las Vegas Aces looks very clean and has an entertaining commercial gambling presentation.

Cheers,
Jerry
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love the invisible palm plot but never actually do it as I mostly do strolling and restaurant work. Cody's routine sounds very good for those conditions.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Jerry!

CFrancis...Las Vegas Aces was designed for "strolling" so you should be OK...you do have to set cards down on a table...just make sure you don't set them in any water, condensation rings, mustard, mayo...

Take care guys!
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I try not to, Cody. But sometimes... Nothing like doing an Ambitious Card routine with a beer soaked selection...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

A "beer soaked selection" makes a nice key card though...

Cody

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Hey, now you're talking.
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
This has been re-released with red and blue bicycle gimmicks and online teaching. It was my first sight of it and I think it is a really effective and visual routine. I've done a full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2017/07/1......-review/
http://www.morethanmagic.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Just got this, working with it...
A little spritz of Plasti-Dip or Science Friction on the face of the gaff takes this to a whole new level!
Magicrcook
View Profile
New user
Cleveland Ohio
20 Posts

Profile of Magicrcook
FACE UP!!! You can do this routine where some (if not all) of the aces travel when the 2 packets of cards held face up. For instance do the first phase with the 3 cards face up. the receiving p packet can be either face up or face down without changing the sleight. There is much to explore on the other 2 cards. French connexion Palm toss fits in (consider a rub-a-dub dub to a palm toss. This effect can be real magic!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Cody has a great booklet called. required Redaing that’s also worth having.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
This is an incredibly versatile gaff for the open travelers plot. Now that I have it I'll probably never do the effect again without using it. Although, Cody's routine is good I much prefer to use this gaff along with J.C. Wagner's handling. I think I learned that from one of his old video's along with a trick called Queens Debate. I think this is the best handling for open travelers that I've ever found. Matched with Cody's Las Vegas Aces gaff its phenomenal and very fooling.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On May 18, 2018, ixnay66 wrote:
Cody has a great booklet called. required Redaing that’s also worth having.

THT didn’t turn out right. One more time.

Required Reading by Cody Fisher.
Great booklet with a really good folder card to card box routine and a nice mercury card food finesse.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cody Fisher's Las Vegas Aces (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL