The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Jumbo Coloring Book (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
P.S. You can also make a coloring book effect for a Gospel message- 'first show pages with 'sins' written in charcoal' so yo can smudge it a little(careful not to get smudges on the WHITE pages)- then pass a red silk(blood of Christ) around/over closed book- then show 'pure' WHITE pages- Ralph
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
Thanks for taking the time to review the Colossal Coloring Book of Magic, David Kenney. Glad you liked it.
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
Could not agree more with David! A great item and thanks to Danny & Amzekids for producing it! The moment you take this book out all the eyes of the kids look in amazement! Adults aso find it very funny! Highly recommended!
walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
107 Posts

Profile of walidosama
But why you want to remove puzzles from the book
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
I have a Colossal Coloring Book of Magic and the kids love it! I use it in all kid shows for kids in the Kindergarten age. While I was worried how long it would last, I store and transport it in a big flat plastic bag (those made for artists to transport pictures/paintings), that clearly helps... wish it had come in something protective like this to begin with. Kids love the giant book and the big pictures and the parents think it is funny too!
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
And I do combine it with the vanishing crayons, standard size, since I am too lazy too make giant ones (Danny you need to sell those too...) Smile
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Possible - cover the covers with clear contact -
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I have it. I just use the cardboard envelope that it was shipped in to carry it in. Great for larger audiences. So easy to perform, it allows me to concentrate on presentation. Glad I bought one.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
What a real shame Danny went to all the time and expense of getting these designed and made with MAGIC on the cover. Why not just have pictures of animals or copyright free generic comic style characters in them so it actually looks like a real book? Real shame.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, Futureal wrote:
What a real shame Danny went to all the time and expense of getting these designed and made with MAGIC on the cover. Why not just have pictures of animals or copyright free generic comic style characters in them so it actually looks like a real book? Real shame.

It is a "magic" theme, not a magic coloring book. It makes sense that a magician would have a coloring book with pictures of magicians doing magic. A "coloring book of magic" is different from a "magic coloring book". Subtle difference, but as everything in magic, it is all in your presentation. "I went to the store to buy a coloring book, and being a magician, of course I bought the one with pictures of people doing magic."

Still, your point is well taken. I agree it would have been better to remove the word "magic" completely.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a link to another thread, that talks about another Jumbo Coloring Book prop that was recently released (besides the one that Danny used to sell... as far as I know, it's currently OOP). This "new" one has no words on the cover, nor inside.

Magic Café thread titled... BIG NEW Coloring book

This thread is from "The Little Darlings" area of the Café (which has more active conversations about kids performing).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Jumbo Coloring Book (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL