The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Pitch Table Your Thoughts (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
Do you think this table will work pitching the Svengali? http://www.proxdirect.com/products/view/......-DJSTNBL
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I think it looks good.Just add some signage to the front and some poles going up the sides for lights and a banner.

Don
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
Thanks for the help...
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hey silksock, that's a cool looking table! I like the way it collapses and opens up! It looks good too! Like Don says: signage, a good banner and lights is needed... I would still prefer building a table like the one in Don's DVD! It would be much more sturdy and durable.. kids and adults are going to lean on the table when doing your pitch so a stronger table would be best! (I think the slide out table top flaps might be too flimsy but I could be wrong) I use an 8 foot hard plastic folding table (it's very sturdy) and a skirt attached around it but when it gets windy, the skirt flaps like crazy! I'm thinking of building a pitch joint made of wood like the one Don explains on his DVD but bigger that can withstand the elements. I am also thinking of making it lockable so I can leave my merchandise safely locked up below the table for those fairs that last longer days and be able to leave it overnight (I'm still trying to figure that one out!). In addition, I'm also working on a table top riser to get me up a little higher off the ground. Anyways silksock, thanks for sharing the link on that table! It looks real good though! Have a good one!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just make sure the table is high enough for you to demo on without bending over . . . . your back will thank you!

This particular setup seems a little heavy at 48 pounds. You might also want to look at some plain 4-foot long folding tables (check out Sam's, K-Mart or Walmart), which would be considerably lighter to lug around.

Also, are you planning to pitch inside or outside? If it's the latter, make sure that whatever you buy is meant for outside duty and is water-resistant, if not waterproof. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Remember if you're working fairs and have "big" tips you should have a bigger table top.The bigger the top the more marks you can get around it.

Don
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
Thanks for all of the help...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Pitch Table Your Thoughts (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL