The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Gospel Magic Sands (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
97 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
Hi folks

I've recently purchased all the chemicals and materials for the Sands of the Desert routine. (thank you Wal-Mart and Target)
However, I've been unsuccessful at coming up with some Biblical patter. I didn't want to go the different color=different sins route
as I already use that for my C&R into Prof Nightmare routine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
AC
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Corinthians 6:17
Come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
97 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
That is perfect man!

Appreciate it-that was the grease I needed to get the wheels a'turning!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
You're welcome.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Johnny Mac (Dr. John MacArthur) says at www.gty.org on II Corinthians 6:17 which is helpful(and all this rest below is taken from one of his many printed sermons): "From the moment of salvation you make a clean break, particularly with false religion. It doesn't mean we don't reach out to unbelievers; we are mandated to go into the world and preach the Gospel to every creature, to become all things to all men that we might by some means save them. We are here on the planet in order that we might reach out to the lost and love them them and bring them to Christ. It doesn't mean that we are to divorce an unconverted spouse. It does not mean that we cut off and sever all connections and relationships with unbelievers. What it does mean we disengage ourselves with any form of false religion. That's what it means. We don't participate in that and we don't allow that to come alongside us as if we were accepting of it. You say, "Do you mean unbelievers shouldn't come to church?" No, I don't mean that. I pray God that they will, and when they do that they'll be saved..." See also Ephesians 5: verses 6-10.
uncpaul
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of uncpaul
Something I've used is Psalm 139:17-18.

17How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Following -a
It's a beautiful piece and I've performed it straight-up as just a routine to music with a reference to God's thoughts about me from Psalm 139:17-18.
So it's not a strong message effect for me... but beautiful, nonetheless.
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, a lot of ideas to get us thinking. I've yet to perform this but it's been something I've always wanted to try. A few other thoughts I've had that perhaps others could use are the idea of us being in the world but not of the world, if combined with ink water you could talk about the trinity and how God sent his Son into the broken world to help repair and give us the gift of salvation/new life. It really is such an amazingly simple yet visual trick with so many different applications for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Gospel Magic Sands (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL