The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Egg bag story? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Egg bag routines all seem to be about proving that the egg disappeared then reappeared. That never really interested me. Does anyone do a story using the egg bag?

I made a routine in which the bag is my magical lunch sack. It is one of the cheapo red flannel ones so I say I made it out of some of my old red flannel long johns. That gets a giggle from the kids. I take out what I say is a liverwurst sandwich. Then some prunes. But I point out that you can't call them prunes any more because that reminds people of constipation. More giggles. Finally my "hard boiled egg." "But when I put the egg back in and say the magic words, it disappears!" Have child check the bag. "Boo hoo. Now I don't have my hard boiled egg." "Kids, did you know that hard boiled eggs fall out of the sky and some times you can catch them." Plop! "Look! I caught one."

Suggestions welcome.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Do you show an empty bag when you start? And then start pulling food from it?
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, friend2cptsolo wrote:
Do you show an empty bag when you start? And then start pulling food from it?

No. Right now it starts full.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Just brainstorming a few ideas....

Maybe the bag eats your lunch.... but only what suits it's taste, the egg..... so "cook" up another one from "void"
having the bag eat the egg again...*gone*
offer the bag your liverwurst....blah it rejects it

I think the bag could be a funny character.
Why and how it came to be and why it behaves the way it does could be the making of a story.

"This old lunch bag was given to me by strange fellow. I almost believe he sewed in together out of a wore out pair flannel long johns....don't worry I am sure he washed then first. I think he may have left some of his food behind.....'Get it'....'Behind'...
I am not sure what smells in here but it may just be this liverwurst"

Sounds like you already have a funny routine.... do you perform mostly "story" based magic or "routines" like funny patter.... where you are really the funny guy
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Thanks. Some clever ideas.

I do a variety of magic, often just for my own amusement. I do like story magic. My preference is performing for kids. Always funny to me, perhaps for others.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Thanks I like thinking about this kind of stuff like scripting and working story lines,even very light story lines into magic. I like this forum where you can bounce ideas out a see what kind of feed back other might have.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
"Remember when Napoleon Dynamite stashed some tater tots from the Caféteria in his pocket and Randy crushed them? The same thing happened to me in school. So I cut my pocket out of my pants and carried it separately. Here it is." (Show egg bag.)

Do routine, from time to time "removing" a stray tot and eating it, or offering it to a spectator.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, 0pus wrote:
"Remember when Napoleon Dynamite stashed some tater tots from the Caféteria in his pocket and Randy crushed them? The same thing happened to me in school. So I cut my pocket out of my pants and carried it separately. Here it is." (Show egg bag.)

Do routine, from time to time "removing" a stray tot and eating it, or offering it to a spectator.

continue the routine talkign with a mouthful of tots
.... never ending tot production from mouth using tan sponge balls cut to shape
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
"offer the bag your liverwurst....blah it rejects it "

With a bag like change bags that have a zipper at the bottom that could be left open. Just got Jim Jayes Silly Sack. That would work. Liverwurst falls through.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, gomerel wrote:
"offer the bag your liverwurst....blah it rejects it "

With a bag like change bags that have a zipper at the bottom that could be left open. Just got Jim Jayes Silly Sack. That would work. Liverwurst falls through.

That would be really funny.
Make a fart sound as it drops out.
Soumyajit
View Profile
Regular user
Under Your Bed
130 Posts

Profile of Soumyajit
There was a magician on Penn & Teller who did the Egg Bag routine with a time stop effect. Made it look really good. Maybe you can look into that for some ideas Smile
Visit my site at : www.ulpnet.com
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, Soumyajit wrote:
There was a magician on Penn and Teller who did the Egg Bag routine with a time stop effect. Made it look really good. Maybe you can look into that for some ideas Smile

What is the time stop effect?
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
It's all about the character. Most stories I've seen are pretty cheesy.
eralph357
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of eralph357
Arthur Trace is the mentioned magician who stops time in his egg bag routine. https://youtu.be/TzVTVmfyAQY

It's also my personal favorite egg bag routine I've seen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Egg bag story? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL