The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Stratosphere or Joker Tube (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Does anyone know of other ways to vanish the extra red ball instead of using the box that comes with the stratosphere or joker tube effect. The box just doesn't appeal to me.

Can you buy anything similar to the stratosphere or joker tube that doesn't come with the box?
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Duane Laflin used to have one called the vanish cloth, which was used specifically for vanishing one of the balls.

I no longer see it on his site, you may want to contact David Laflin http://www.laflinmagicstore.com/Articles.asp?ID=83 and he might be able to help.

I have the cloth and it works perfectly.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
There's a handkerchief that also does the trick.
You could also use a fake in a hank with a BA art well in a table.
You could stuff the ball into another item and the ball becomes that item.
Even a simple grab, using a BA well will work.

OLE uses that tactic twice and everyone gets away with it.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Then there's the small red balloon vanish, as described in "Balls To The Walls" in The Wizards' Journal #11. That same e-Book also describes a vanishing cloth that can vanish a plastic pit ball as it sits on a spectator's hand.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Does anyone know how big the balls are in diameter, I was thinking of a mirror goblet.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, tbaer wrote:
Does anyone know how big the balls are in diameter, I was thinking of a mirror goblet.

I have the MAK version and the balls are 3" diameter. that would have to be a pretty big goblet. But if you find one let me know. That would be a great vanish.

Also, I have the Laflin vanishing cloth, which I use for all but church performances (I modify the box to look like a church.) Works very well.
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
I've used an oversized devils hank....I think made by Magic Hands. It worked great and there was no bulge detectable.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
A way to use the vanishing box I learned the hard way is to thrust your hand and arm all the way through and cradle the load and door in your right You are covered from the left and especially from eyes of kids sitting on the floor.
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Wack-O-Magic has a Devils Hank used for a stratosphere type effect called Mis Made Monster. The Hank is also sold separately.
http://www.wack-o-magic.com/devilshank.html
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Yes... wack=o-magic has his large devils hank in stock in black and blue and other limited colors... black is ALWAYS in stock.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I use the regular size change bag to vanish the ball.
Tricky Ricky
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Abbott’s Magic

Shenanigan Die Box used with Stratospheres.
Click on the video to watch.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Here's a trick like the stratosphere that doesn't use a joker box... it uses a custom printed Giant Devil's Hank.

http://wackomagic.com/mismademonster.html

for those that want a giant hank separately, I have those too.. without the lightning bolt printing.

http://wackomagic.com/devilshank.html Currently avaialbe in Silver, Metallic blue, Black, Purple, black with white big dots.

Ask before you order what color is stocked.. we'll soon have red and Wine as well.
Christian Wilde
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Christian Wilde
I have used a hank called Millers hank. It has a checkered design that covers the secret. It allows the spectator to hold the ball through the hank and for the ball to be vanished. I like it quite a lot 😊
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Practical Magic sells the best Stratospheres. Vibrant solid coloured balls. The props are well made.
Check out the video, it's a nice routine.
My clear tube developed a 3 inch hairline crack at the top. Any ideas on what type of cement or glue that would be effective in preventing it from expanding, would be appreciated.
Tricky Ricky
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
You could go full "strato" with it. Float it like a Zombie Ball under a cloth and then do a Zombie Ball vanish.

A third hand gimmick is a fun one too. Put it on a stand then momentarily place a cloth in front of it. When cloth is slowly removed it is shown the ball dematerialized and returned to the tube.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Of course, if one is willing to put in the work, Jerry Andrus' approach with cones and boards provides amazing ways to vanish solid balls.

Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
50 years ago I performed this three times a day. I used a black art well table to dump the ball worked quite well.
I don't understand all I know about this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Stratosphere or Joker Tube (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL