The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Thumbnail TT (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Has anyone ever tried gluing a Press-On nail to a TT to make it more in line with women's hands? I have acrylic nails. I'm concerned that using a TT without something similar on it will be a dead giveaway. Any thoughts or experience on this, ladies?
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Following - also get the smaller size
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
It sound like a plan. In fact, I think it would make it more invisible since the colors draw the eye.

It would make using Jay Scott Berry's Eclipse TT easier.

You'd want to have several made up so you could change them to match your finger nail colors.

-Mary Mowder
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
The whole point of the TT is that it doesn't exist in the first place, so essentially it shouldn't matter. Having said that, it's not exactly a bad idea! My bigger question/concern would be the fit on your actual thumb if it already has an acrylic nail on it (your thumb, that is). Is this an issue? You got me thinking, so I'm genuinely curious. :p

Cheers,

Mike
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
The eclipse gimmick might also help accommodate a finger nail if it were not too long.

-Mary Mowder
TheWickedWitchOfTheWeb
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TheWickedWitchOfTheWeb
I have long natural nails so used to do this many years ago. Took ages to fix them on properly and had several to match the various colours I use. Waste of time. Realised I could use any colour or one without a nail on and it made no difference. The only person that was aware of it was me. Haven't bothered for about ten years now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Thumbnail TT (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL