The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » New Duane Laflin lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Mark your calendar for 2017. Duane Laflin is coming to the Grand Rapids Michigan area. Duane Laflin is now scheduled to deliver his latest and greatest lecture in Grand Rapids (in Ada actually, just east of Grand Rapids) on March 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm.
Put it on your calendar, in ink!
Ada Christian Reformed Church
7152 Bradfield SE
Ada, MI 49301
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Hi - I'm back - off line for 8 weeks(don't own a computer-use one at p/t work ) 8 weeks caring for my Wife- almost lost her due to internal hemorrhaging - went on for 3 days without us knowing until she went down like a rag doll- -was in ICU for 5 days next 8 weeks at home I cared for her (plus your Prayers)Still caring for her for quite a while, but she sent me back to work. THANK YOU for all the Prayers, she dong quite well - still a while to go- -was SO weak- nurse and therapist said shes doing great- using a walker-etc. - thanks again for prayers for her (and me as I do the cooking-laundry-Meds-etc-etc) -will keep in touch (P/Ms??) Ralph(russo)Rousseau
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi All: I know I have brought up this downloadable resource this before, but it is worth mentioning again.

The most reasonably priced Gospel Magic source I know of for general information about applying tricks to Gospel presentations is found at www.LaflinMagicStore.com Just yesterday alone, I downloaded extremely inexpensively 10 full sets of different lecture notes by Duane Laflin. Just click on Gospel Magic icon on the web site and keep scrolling until you find this great stack of materials including Meaningful Gospel Magic, Powerful Gospel Magic, Practical Gospel Magic, Strong Gospel Magic, Wonderful Gospel Magic, Dynamic Gospel Magic, Colorful Gospel Magic, Amazing Gospel Magic, Exciting Gospel Magic and more.

"Effective Gospel Magic", for example, is 90 pages long. Most of the tricks referenced by Duane in these notes/books are still available for purchase.

I suggest going though the various trick listings on the Table of Contents on the LaflinMagicStore web site for each of these email PDF sets, you can easily find routines in the various books for the tricks you probably already have purchased and on your magic shelves at home.

Fortunately, I have a good fast printer and alotta printer ink- the stack of paper ended up for the above being printed out was 3 and a quarter inches tall. Incredible. Or you can just leave these great resources on your computer memory to call up on your computer or ipad screen as needed

There is enough Gospel Magic routine ideas here to set up a young Gospel magician or oldster like myself with new ideas for years to come... Smile Thanks LaflinMagicStore for making all these great books/lecture notes available! A+++++
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
To supliment Senior -income I've worked p/t at a Library for the last 15 years- Found in our countys Libraries - MANY_MANY_MANY Books on Magic - even under-- Gospel Magic-Christmas Magic-Easter Magic- Birthday Magic -etc. NOT all in the SAME Library- check their Catalog- might find something you can use (even in the Jr-Kids-section). -- usually write in the Gospel Magicians 'good news' forum, or use "search" ---"russo" user name- feel free to use any ideas. Ralph (russo)Rousseau
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
As an example, from Duane Laflin's "Powerful Gospel Magic" ebook is the Chapter 6 "Silk Poke Sin Vanish". You can buy the special prop and the exact silks new as recommended by Duane in this terrific Gospel routine for $23.72 postpaid from Laflin Magic Store. I thought this was very reasonable for this simple yet baffling Good News illustration "in a nutshell" all set to use in a typical kids Sunday School setting. Many of you would already have the simple items needed for this short routine if you have been in magic for awhile.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I sure wish Duane was coming closer to the Detroit area. That is way to far for me to drive just for a lecture.

If anyone knows that Duane will be coming to or around the Detroit area please PM me.

Thanks,

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Sorry, I can't make Duane's lecture in Grand Rapids as I will be out of town that day. Rats! That being said, I visit the Laflin Magic Store site often to stay current.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » New Duane Laflin lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL