The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » "Sleight": The movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
The first teaser trailer for the movie "Sleight" is out. The film was well-received at Sundance, got picked up by WWE Studios and Bloomhouse Productions, and is expected in theaters in April. Here's a link:
http://www.slashfilm.com/sleight-teaser-trailer/
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Interesting. 175 views, no replies. Mmmm..
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Looks like a super hero movie with a magic theme.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I saw this movie tonight, and absolutely loved it. It's NOT about supernatural powers; however you might have to say "this is a little far fetched for even science." But magic is a central theme; and the real hero throughout is....HOUDINI! Great acting,some close up effects, some busking! Go see it! Lynn
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought if it as more of a magicians fantasy movie. Living in a world where nobody sees the wires or asks what is Il in the other hand.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
THANK YOU LYNN!
I have one day a year that I am pretty much guaranteed to be able to see a movie in the theater. My birthday, next week, and this certainly seems like the logical choice. I was very much hoping to see some positive reviews! Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Although Houdini is not an actual character in the movie, you will chuckle at the references. There were 3 magic consultants on the set: Ron Saylor, Eric Jones and another I didn't catch the name of. Lynn
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Okay, saw it today.
I can't actually say that I liked the movie, but I had a fun time watching it (one of my wife's smart-ass comments literally had me crying laughing, which was awkward because it was supposed to be an intense moment).

I felt like there were some interesting plot points and concepts that could have been very compelling, but I didn't think they were developed well.
Something my wife said about one aspect I think applied to many, they wanted it both ways. They wanted him to be a magician, but also a superhero, a sympathetic character, but also chopping peoples hands off, a super-smart kid but also not seeing painfully obvious results (examples retracted to keep from spoiling).

My wife's reaction was to think of what he should have done.
My reaction was to think about how the story could have been written differently so that it all worked.
Great conversation after the movie which, to me, is a success! Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » "Sleight": The movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL