The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Shell Game to the Max (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
For those interested in this kinda thing.....couple variations of Shell technique Smile

Not necessary, but a little variation to throw off those a little in the know, have some fun, and perhaps guild the lily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PfQ5NgcI08

I'm guessing a lot of you will catch on what I'm up to fairly quickly...or maybe not.
If so, have any of ya played with this also?

Max
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
That last one is pretty cool. I like all of them for the deceptively slow pace. Doesn't feel like a hustle. Very nice.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Very smooth. Thanks for sharing.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Enjoyed every minute of it. Want to see more. Thanks.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Very nice, Max!

Your moves are always very smooth no matter what you are displaying.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Very good
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Thanks for sharing, beautiful!
FelixKraus
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of FelixKraus
Looks amazing, very relax and deceptive.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Max:

I really enjoy your work. Great technical skill.
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
That looked fantastic. What would you say is the best learning book/dvd for an experienced magician who has no experience of the 3 shell game (and has just bought some vernet shells)

I am right at the start of this journey and have been wanting to do this for years. I would like to put the time and effort in but am unsure of the best place to start.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Hi Yuan,

Couple excellent places to start are "Introduction to the Shell Game" from School of Scoundrels and "Super Shells" by Gary Oulette.

Once you've got the basics, you'll want to consider putting the Vernets aside getting some other shells. I recommend:

http://www.3shells.com/

Lots of great shells and peas to choose from.

Have fun & enjoy Smile
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
All of the tools meantioned are excellent. I think that the Oulette book is the easiest way to learn the basics without any fluff, and then, If you are willing to put in the work, the boot camp DVD is an excellent learning tool for more advanced moves.
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Very nice Max, I like the character you present.

Been thinking of learning the shells as my current favorite routine is the cups and balls. I'll definitely have to pick up some resources.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
If you ever get a chance to watch someone do this for real on the street.....the one thing I really notice is the difference of pacing/tempo of magicians vs con-men mixing the shells or cards.

The few times I've seen this played on the street, the tosser throws the cards/discs or moves the shells very hard and abruptly. Magicians tend to do the mix in a much more even tempo. And for good reason as we are presenting the game as a magicians with a different objective.

Anyways here's a clip I'll put up for a bit, of a good friend fellow magician I jammed with and worked out routines with. Very elegant style and pacing as you can see from the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrDBOqNC8E

:-)
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Is the Super Shells" by Gary Oulette on dvd, is the explanation on a dvd, or is phill cass dvd anygood, message me please,
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Thanks for posting the 3 shell routine. Very graceful and fluid.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thought I would share mine Smile

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
That's great Mike. Luv the display at 0:56 ;-)
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2017, Max T. Oz wrote:
That's great Mike. Luv the display at 0:56 ;-)

Thanks. Picked up that one from the School for Scoundrels DVD. Smile
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I was just posting on another thread, and saw this here ... the Phil Cass version is the most entertaining version I have ever seen. He starts off with a silly $1 bet, and before the audience member knows it, is down $100. It's just for play, of course, but this alone made it worth the purchase price, as it can be adapted to many other effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Shell Game to the Max (17 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL