The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Effects for the 4 questions of life (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Has anyone developed effects to highlight Biblical Answers to the four philosophical questions (Apologetics Concept) stated by Ravi Zacharias?
How did we get here? (Creation)
Why are we here? (Meaning of Life)
Are there morals and truth? (How should we live?)
What happens when we die? (Do we have an immortal soul?)
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
You'd probably have to combine a series of Gospel magic tricks to even come close as "illustrations" as springboards/discussion points for these very weighty questions. The closest I can think of is the entire second half of the Andre' Kole illusion program that I saw him perform on the campus of Western Michigan University.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
A terrific new simple book (just came out this week) which attempts to address some of these same issues above is Skye Jethani's "What's Wrong With Religion". Skye was interviewed yesterday on WMBI radio in Chicago, probably can hear it again on the Karl and June facebook page. See www.WhatsWrongWithReligion.com for book ordering information. Skye's web site is www.SkyeJethani.com He also has a daily devotional through www.WithGodDaily.com

Someday, I hope to construct something like a 45 minute program that is Gospel magic only- may be would be based on a fast birds eye view/summary of the main themes of the Old and New Testament with a clear "What is the Gospel then?" presentation at the end.

Or, an entire Gospel magic program going loosely through the chapters of a terrific book such as "What's Wrong With Religion"... Who knows, Skye's the limit Smile Could perhaps be designed for an audience of all age groups with the book being made available at the end.

At the very end of one of Skye's recent podcasts with Veggie Tails creator Phil Vischer where Skye discusses this book, there are directions given how to download the first two chapters of "What's Wrong With Religion" for free. I did exactly that- and the first two chapters are terrific. Good material for a non-believer for sure to think about for sure. Simple stuff yet still beneficially clear.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Arthur Glenn Babbs is Arturo's real name. A fantastic magician and maker of many Abbott's products for years (many are now collectibles). Many of his creations are still sold on the Abbott's Magic web site and are from Arturo's original designs.

Mak Magic last time I checked was making "Turkish Turmoil" - not sure if they still do or not. The downside of the trick is it had on its face a man with a huge turban on his head- I could not really figure out how to use it for Gospel magic (or explain even why this guy is pictured on the outside of the can for any reason). So I sold it.

Arturo is buried in Lakeside Cemetary in Colon, Michigan- the final resting place of more magicians than any other place in world.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Whoops, getting senile. The above post above should have been in "The Good News" section below. Sorry about that...
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Sent a pm to MB - but will share- I covered my Turk. with wood pattern Contact paper- contact paper can be used to cover a lot of effects-this way you don't have to paint it perm.. - reminds me when I re-did 'Forgetfull Freddy' using thick poster card- changeing Freddy into Pinocchio - attaching with rubber glue -for EZ-removal---- JUST got a THOUGHT !, Forgetfull Freddy - loosing his head could be used for some kind of gospel message??
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
June 6th -where is everybody??? Just turned 80 (june 4th) exhausted one moment - great the next- same hour, same day -guess its just the ageing- Boy - oh -boy- Well hello to every one -- Bless everyone, Ralph
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Happy Birthday Russo! Smile

I have been doing "stock" Gospel magic for Lighthouse Kids!- so no new routines to post.

This Sunday, for example, I am doing "Strat-O-Spheres" using the Duane Laflin's excellent "Priorities" routine. (Just put in the www.youtube.com search box "Strat-O-Spheres Gospel Magic"). This basic and/or very similar Gospel routines have been around for years using Strat-O-Spheres -such as in Chris Jakway's lecture notes from decades ago. Duane's is probably the best in my judgment.

I may be completely wrong on this, but I think Chris Jakway nowadays is also a college professor of philosophy and religion (has a Ph.D and M.A) and is a graduate of the Colon branch Chavez School with Neil Foster. Now that is pretty cool.

Del Wilson published his "J-O-Y" routine too that was pretty good too for use with "Strat-O-Spheres."

Ironically, I am not even using this Sunday my own posted ad lib (shot in one loose take) "Fruit of the Spirit" video routine also placed on www.youtube.com using "Strat-O-Spheres".

In my "Fruit of the Spirit" routine- I totally forgot to use the line when the apple vanishes from the "fruit box"- "Do you want to see a Fruit Fly?" (e.g. the apple vanishes/flies back from the box back into to the tube).

I used plastic fruit for this video with the very large "Saturn Sphere" set purchased from Daytona Magic. I am not sure it is even still sold with the large square outer tube that I have. I wanted a large inner clear cylinder big enough to hold a large plastic apple and this big "Saturn" set could accomplish that.

Anyway Russo, I agree- not many new posts recently. I will continue to post any new Gospel routines I try out in the months ahead and/or do any new product reviews. I am intrigued by the new "Paper Scissors Rock" by Magic Man trick sold at Penguin Magic- wish I could figure out a Gospel routine for that effect (which seems in the promotional video to be completely impossible).
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
I am new to this forum so it is exciting to see this type of information and dialogue available! These are opportunities for presentations I had not thought of...if I come up with anything I will post it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Effects for the 4 questions of life (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL