The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Chinese Linking Rings (12 inch, STAINLESS STEEL) by Vincenzo Difatta (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Quote:
On 2011-10-08 17:10, JamesinLA wrote:
Aren't those rings aluminum? I didn't think that had a ring to it?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I fabricate the rings from a special aluminum that is very strong but extremely lightweight. My rings actually "ring" like HUGE bells. To my knowlege, they are the only ALUMINUM rings ever offered that "ring". Thanks for bringing that point up so I would have the opportunity to clarify.

Cliff Wiggs
PROline Magic
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Thanks Domino Magic for the kind words. I hope the rings will last you many more years to come! My set has been rocking in my shows and the more you use them, the more they feel right to you. Enjoy!
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There are special "Hardened" aluminum alloys that "act like" Stainless steel. Joe Porper also makes his rings of this kind of material.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Didn't know that, Pete. When is your book hitting the street?

Using Jeremy's 12 rings has been a bit like when I first went from lemon sized cups to Pete Biro's Gali Gali cups. They felt like flower pots I remember!

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
It's been a while since I last posted this.. was wondering if anyone has purchased a set of the DiFatta rings since then and have any comments?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
No, but I've been really enjoying Jeremy's Redefine rings. They have been one of the best purchases I've made for my act.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 09:08, yin_howe wrote:
It's been a while since I last posted this.. was wandering if anyone has purchased a set of the DiFatta rings since then and have any comments?

I believe this forum told you everything you need to know to make a decision on whether to buy these rings or not.

1. They are 12" in diameter
2. They are 1/4" thick.
3. They are available chrome and Stainless steel
4. The Stainless has some kind of coating on them, to keep them shiny that may flake off.
5. The weld in invisible.
6. If you throw them on the ground and bounce them around, they will eventually break. I believe anything you abuse like that will break. He said he did crash links, but the rings do not take a beating like that with only performing the crash link correctly.
7. One member said he likes the looks of them.

Some members believe you should only buy $750.00 rings and others do not.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I have had a set of Redefine rings for several years now, and they are outstanding in every way. I also added another single which I purchased directly from Jeremy and his service was outstanding. I have both a 12 inch set of Owen and a 12 inch set of Redefine and I can't tell them apart. They look, feel and sound identical with the only difference being the Owen are about twice the price. Do a search as I have made a number of posts on the quality of Redefine Rings.

Have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
I have a set of 12 inch rings by Owens. They are expensive but very well worth the price. They are the rings that Jeff McBride uses. I love them
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Last comment on this topik was done in 2012. I would like to purchase good looking rings but it looks like it's impassible to purchase Redefine rings any more. Could you pleas suggest any good rings other then Owens?
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2011, Pete Biro wrote:
Agreed.... buying junk stays junk. I use the 10-inch Owen set, and have for over 30 years. Comes out to a couple of dollars a year. A bargain.
I have half a dozen wobbly tripods and the one I got 20 or so years ago is still the killer (my pals at Time magazine suggested it).

If you can't afford good rings, do the linking ropes Smile

I like Pete's attitude!
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On May 19, 2017, iluzjonista wrote:
Last comment on this topik was done in 2012. I would like to purchase good looking rings but it looks like it's impassible to purchase Redefine rings any more. Could you pleas suggest any good rings other then Owens?

Other than Owen, I can't think of any other manufacturer of good quality rings except the Porper/Jenkins team. Proline appears to be out of contention.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2011, Rolf Reiner wrote:
You can see the proline rings in action in one of my vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzb7jc7vfA

It is nice to see someone performing all the classics and I loved the looks of astonishment on the faces of your young audience members. You most certainly impacted their lives in a positive manner. Thank you.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
carloskronopio
View Profile
New user
SPAIN
4 Posts

Profile of carloskronopio
I have tried to talk with Proline using facebook, because the web is gone. Wiggs says he is still in bussines but the rings are out of stock. Despite of this, he tells me that he can send me a set in four weeks if I make a 100 dollars deposit now. Do you think this is right? Can I trust?
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
I have been in business since 1984. I did run into welder issues concerning the rings (manufacturing is not easy). That has been resolved. There is a wait on the rings as I'm currently filling a few back orders due to the former issues with the welder. PayPal offers a guarantee if I fail to meet the terms of the invoice so there is no risk. My current website is www.proline-magic.net. I'm in the process of adding much more content as time permits.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2017, prolineprops wrote:
I have been in business since 1984. I did run into welder issues concerning the rings (manufacturing is not easy). That has been resolved. There is a wait on the rings as I'm currently filling a few back orders due to the former issues with the welder. PayPal offers a guarantee if I fail to meet the terms of the invoice so there is no risk. My current website is www.proline-magic.net. I'm in the process of adding much more content as time permits.

THAT is great news!
carloskronopio
View Profile
New user
SPAIN
4 Posts

Profile of carloskronopio
I have just received my new set of 8 PROLINE rings. They are thick, shiny, light, and with a nice sound. Really beautiful made. Thanks Cliff
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
My rings are 12 inch imported from Italy. Chrome, and the welds are invisible. I have dropped them on concrete, dirt, thrown them around for years and they look new. They have a good weight to them, and for me, since performing with them for 20 years, would not use any other type. I believe it does not matter what rings you use. What ever rings work for you and you enjoy performing with is most important.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Chinese Linking Rings (12 inch, STAINLESS STEEL) by Vincenzo Difatta (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL