The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Any book of hypnotic inductions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for different types of hypnotic inductions...specific scripts. Is there any book I could buy on this topic? Thanks!

I have an exciting project I am working on and that I will be offering to the community, and this would be most helpful!
Nerdy Wizard
View Profile
New user
Derby
86 Posts

Profile of Nerdy Wizard
If you haven't read it already, I recommend looking at Anthony Jacquin's reality is plastic (he also has some great DVDs out there).
Contains various inductions, scripts and techniques.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Ormond McGill's New Encylopedia has something like 150 inductions, a lot of which are physical. If you want script books aimed at hypnotherapists, look into the works of Terence Watts and Havens & Walters.

Barry
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
In either the case of therapy or stage, go learn live with someone.

For follow up material, anything Richard Nongard writes for clinical (and he has some very good stuff on stage). The encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis is still probably the best for stage out there.

Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Thanks so much everyone!
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
Anthony Jacquin's reality is plastic is an amazing read if you never done any walk up/street hypnotic inductions before
The Trilby Connection DVD set is great to I provides you great example of how to go about it.
Igor Ledochowsk also have some good techniques in his Conversational Hypnosis training.
MagieFraudster
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MagieFraudster
You can use any induction, or even no induction. The exact words you say and methods you use are not nearly as important as being completely confident, establishing rapport, and responding creatively to the subject's nonverbal feedback.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2016, MagieFraudster wrote:
You can use any induction, or even no induction. The exact words you say and methods you use are not nearly as important as being completely confident, establishing rapport, and responding creatively to the subject's nonverbal feedback.

That's right.
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
Mind eraser by joe brogue is also a good place to start.
MrRyanD
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of MrRyanD
I learnt my skills as a hypnotist from books to start with. I couldn't recommend Ormond McGill's Encyclopaedia enough! Also Anthony Jaquine's Reality is Plastic is a great book and when coupled with the Trilby Connection DVD set is great!!
There is also a book on Rapid Inductions done by a U.K. Hypnotised by the name of Rory Z which I would also recommend if you're looking to speed the inductions up
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Learn how hypnosis works and create inductions on the fly.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
Learn how hypnosis works and create inductions on the fly.

No. Not in a professional setting.

Mind you I take this to mean you think one should create an induction as the show is unfolding. If they is what you mean it is simply not how a professional entertainer operates.

A show is about the audience, not the performer. This advice especially when starting out will make it horribly difficult on a performer and excruciating on an audience.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, Nerdy Wizard wrote:
If you haven't read it already, I recommend looking at Anthony Jacquin's reality is plastic (he also has some great DVDs out there).

Does he cover any instant inductions?
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2017, MrRyanD wrote:
I learnt my skills as a hypnotist from books to start with. I couldn't recommend Ormond McGill's Encyclopaedia enough! Also Anthony Jaquine's Reality is Plastic is a great book and when coupled with the Trilby Connection DVD set is great!!
There is also a book on Rapid Inductions done by a U.K. Hypnotised by the name of Rory Z which I would also recommend if you're looking to speed the inductions up

Oh, thank you! This book on Rapid Inductions looks great!
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, Eaden Marti wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, Nerdy Wizard wrote:

Does he cover any instant inductions?

Yes.
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Are rapid inductions something that would be able to work to on the street or is that too distracting of an environment for the subject to easily concentrate?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yes you can use rapid inductions on the street if you know what you're doing.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I don't do "street hypnosis" (I'm a hypnotherapist) but I'd say that you have to use rapid/instant inductions "on the street". You're not going to be able to use Ericksonian inductions or progressive relaxation. Anthony Jacquin's book and DVDs are mainly aimed at street hypnosis.

Barry
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, mindmagic wrote:
Ormond McGill's New Encylopedia has something like 150 inductions, a lot of which are physical. If you want script books aimed at hypnotherapists, look into the works of Terence Watts and Havens & Walters.

Barry

Just put up a posting Ng in Sales and Trade which not only ncludes McGill's 1st edition 1947 Stage Hypnosis Encyclopedia, but an LP recording from Cambridge Institute, "Hypnotic Powers" which I successfully used throughout my college years in early 1960's for induction of subjects and second side for "Self-Hypnosis". Might want to check it out...thanks, Bill Meeker ("Doc Ben")
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
The Orne Experiments are on the way....a brief history, a scripted induction, and some mentalism thrown in for good measure....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Any book of hypnotic inductions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL