The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I Love Coin Magic, BUT... (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2017, Griff wrote:
I recently discovered Simon Coronel on Youtube. He is Australian and won some kind of FISM regional competition there. He can do it all it looks like. The first trick is the best bill switch I have ever seen! He does 3 fly next and proves that it really can be done as a stand alone trick...very cool presentation. Then a simple card trick...again a very cool presentation. He does it on a stage in front of a large crowd. I do have some advice for him though...Don't cuss in church! LOL. Watched all of his vids. Very good all around magician. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIGjVFo7xoc

Quote:
On Oct 14, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
He did a very similar bit on P&T:FU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g2R4CIRZ34
I liked that one a little better as I felt it flowed a little better - an extra year of refinement does that - but I also noticed Penn's primary comment the first time I saw it. Still marvelous, though.

Yeah guys, he's very good (and just what I've been talking about here as to variety) with a real understanding of what makes magic work. Enjoyed the bill switch, super clean! Smile And the 3 Fly (both versions) were clever and gave refreshing creativity as to how the fabled last coin goes across. Smile I like his offbeat presentation as to the magic and win or lose, by his great sense of variety, he is quite an interesting performer. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Granted, this is only my opinion, but I challenge you, any who are reading this, to name a fully realized card routine that has the beauty and artistry of David Roth's Tuning Fork. We're talking engaging plot and the artistry in the sleight of sound that is displayed in the routine. It's about more than just the acrobatics of coins or the adventures of the props as Eugene Burger put it. It it a routine of elegance, poise, and beauty all wrapped in a coin routine. To see it performed live is astonishing, even knowing exactly how it's done.

Seriously, take up the challenge. Name some card routines that match it and the performers who do them. I can name other than card routines, like Paul Gertner's Steel Cups and Balls and Dai Vernon's Symphony of the Rings, just not cards. Not because I have a hate of card tricks, it's just the routines I've seen are very good but they don't quite reach the level of artistry.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Tuning Fork is an amazing routine. I don't know that I would have the guts to do that one.

With cards, David Williamson's 51 cards routine--cant recall the actual title--comes close. I know it seems old and used up, but I think about the first time I saw him do that. Amazing.

Still, Tuning Fork is very elegant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I Love Coin Magic, BUT... (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL