The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » 2018 (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2017, J M Talbot wrote:
Yes definitely do not want to stare at the box in performance.. was speaking of when practicing the effect.

Maybe you can stare at Diabolicus in performance if your wearing their new Blindfold? Smile
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Jack
I added a rubber band to the Bento Box which not only keeps the lid and label in place (which organically renders it a logical part of the prop), it presses the lid onto the box and eliminates one issue from possibly happening. It also allows me to hand it out for pre-examination. I take the band off, go through the motions, put the band back on and put it away. I get the chosen piece(s) from them later. I like it, I am purchasing another and plan on skipping the food stickers but instead fill their top areas with 6 colors, each matching their secret revealers. So far my experience has been the food images are too small and have almost caused confusion, but it's a cool little Tenyo plastic piece of magical mystery and with the colors should be more fun and definitely easier.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have this on order but two thoughts occur.

If using colours, like Jack suggests, you could describe the box as being like an artists paint box so helping give the box a context.

A further idea is to have stickers showing tools, eg hammer, saw, pliers etc and with the box a tool box. When divining the chosen tool, you could have the spectator imagine using the tool and picking up on what they are visualising.

Neil
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
A video of guillotine, looks good : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hsCsPZZNpI
I heard that Bento cannot be examined which is not a good news for that kind of trick (vs Diabolicus).

Nicolas
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Well, I have had a chance to open, examine and play with the first 4 of the 2018 Tenyo line… always a special time of year Smile As always you must download PDF’s of the English instructions using the provided codes.

First let’s start with the clear winner of the initial four items… and that would be… Mental Bento! This is reminiscent of old school Tenyo with a cleverly gaffed box that allows you to determine which Sushi items the spectators selects. Works well and a clever mechanism. At first I wasn’t sure about the Sushi theme but it is quirky and fun and I give it two thumbs up! The pieces could easily be customized with other images if Sushi is not your thing. Labeling the pieces with different chocolate types (Carmel, cherry, orange crème, etc) could also be a natural tie in.

The winner in the cute contest would be Constellation Cards. A postcard with a starry sky reveals three different cards in the sky. This is well made and a very novel card revelation. I probably will not use it but it is cute and clever. To be honest I think Mathieu Bich could or could have made a lot more money selling this idea to a marketing or greeting card company. Would make a neat valentines card… open the card and see a starry sky… recipient is told to hold it up to a light and slide the heart at the bottom to the right…. They see a love message spell out in the sky! Excuse me for a minute, need to make a quick call to Hallmark…:)
I love Bich’s creativity and this is a great example of that.

Winner in the no surprise category is Mind Sticks. This is identical to the original release minus the vinyl holder. If you liked it then you’ll like it now. If your old set is scratched up at least it is easier to find a replacement set now. Simcoscor who sometimes hangs out here and in the Magic Wagon forum shared with me a wonderful accessory idea for Mind Sticks. It makes the effect look more impossible and easier to do… perhaps he will share it here.

Winner in the ”I didn’t think I would like it but do” category is Miracle Blindfold. This is a simple well-made product that looks like a sleep mask. I wear glasses and am practically blind without them… however I can use this blindfold. The subtle gaff helps people with bad eyesight… at least for me… Great utility item!

That’s it… I am looking forward to the final two releases.

Cheers!

John
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I am interested if someone has tried the new blindfold for Tenyo. Would for example work well for Joshua Jay's "Out of Sight" kind of trick?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2018, Recoplon wrote:
I am interested if someone has tried the new blindfold for Tenyo. Would for example work well for Joshua Jay's "Out of Sight" kind of trick?

I have tried it with "Out of Sight" but unfortunately it doesn't work... The marking system isn't "visible" enough... it cannot be read thru the blindfold...
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Thank you very much for your reply simcoscor, very helpful!
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
But I would say the blindfold is very good. Very simple and clever. Would work well with the divining rods...
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
I have guillotine, the blindold and the divining rods. All excellent.the divining rods are very good and if its what your thinking then it isn't that. Yoh can divine any (repeat) any playing card. The guillotine is sneaky clever. I like the blindfold too and it can be paired with the rods. Id recommend them all
spectrahue
View Profile
Regular user
Leicestershire
161 Posts

Profile of spectrahue
With Mental Bento do you need 2 blocks selecting every time or can it be one?

Thanks Nic
http://www.magentalist.droppages.com/

A.N.T , Bookworm , 50 Shades Blue, Heads I Win Positvely
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Can be any number of blocks from 1-6.
spectrahue
View Profile
Regular user
Leicestershire
161 Posts

Profile of spectrahue
Very flexible then...?
An add a number routine could be employed by numbering each block as well as colouring it.

A separate card with pictures corresponding to numbers will give many directions for this to play out.

What issues does it have with regards to standing up to inspection... I believe it cam also be covered with a silk while your back is turned and you are still able to discern the chosen blocks despite this?

Nic
http://www.magentalist.droppages.com/

A.N.T , Bookworm , 50 Shades Blue, Heads I Win Positvely
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Unfortunately, the only product I thought was good was the blindfold. Went to the Tenyo convention but didn’t find anything really good. Also Tenyo sells those ATM wallets, which is exactly the same as the shogun wallet, but just more expensive.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
ZZZZZZZzzzzz.....

If the only new Tenyo trick you thought was good was Miracle Blindfold, then you should stop buying Tenyo tricks and take up another hobby.
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, Richard Kaufman wrote:
ZZZZZZZzzzzz.....

If the only new Tenyo trick you thought was good was Miracle Blindfold, then you should stop buying Tenyo tricks and take up another hobby.

In Japan, many laymen know about Tenyo. So if you buy something that looks really like a prop, most people would notice that it is from Tenyo. I didn’t feel good about the blindfold trick. But I thought not buying anything after their magic show is not nice, so I bought one that didn’t seem like a prop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » 2018 (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL