The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Party Bus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Norm
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Norm
I suppose this is not 100% "at a moment's notice" because I will prepare a bit, but I am going to a party this weekend and the first half hour will be aboard a shuttle (bus) that will get us to the party. My friends have already told me to bring magic to show them while on board. Do guys have any suggestions? I suppose some of the limiting factors may be tight quarters, or having to work while sitting down, the bus may stop abruptly, etc. What kinds of tricks, in general, do you think might work in this setting? I also do not want to bring around any sort of magic case. Everything must fit in my jacket pockets.

I was going to bring a deck of cards, rubber bands, coins, "The Web", and "The Little Hand", for example.
theocreswell
View Profile
New user
Surrey, UK
61 Posts

Profile of theocreswell
Whats your style? What kind of magic do you like?

When I fist started performing I would fall into the trap of bringing loads of kit and then only using 10% of it in my routines. I say stick to the bare minimum you can get away with so that you have less time worrying about what is where and more time partying. You sound like you're all set - Couple of packs, some gaffed cards, bands, coins. should be good with just that!

Are you asking for props or tricks specifically?

Would love to help with some more info!
-T
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Crazy man hand cuffs, Dr Dalyes last cards trick and Spoty dot paddle trick. This all fits in a small pocket unnoticed and raise no suspicion with with security on clu doors. Also all props are cheap and easy to get so if it gets trashed or lost all is good.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Norm!

Based on your post's "a deck of cards, rubber bands, coins, "The Web", and "The Little Hand"", I can draw a basic idea of your style. Don't overlook the power of Sponge Balls or a pair of D'Lites. At close quarters though...a TT might be out. For a laugh, in cards, try Card-Toon, Card-Toon 2, or ( the most hilarious) Fart-Toon. All by Dan Harlan. Or Cardian Angel by Paul Harris. Rubber bands, yeah! If you're good with those, ya golden! Is The Little Hand the one by Michael Ammar? Great one! I did not have such good luck with Jim Pace's "The Web". A woman hit me SO hard...I was out for a second or two. Spiders can produce FEAR. And people do crazy sh-- when they're scared! LOL!

No, I think you may have what you need, Norm. Something Mental might be helpful. Wait a minute. That sounded WRONG...something Mental-ISM! Maybe a Book Test?

Doug
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Make sure you've worked on doing tricks with no table, surrounded, and it's a rocking motion. I do a fair few tricks on busses and it's a different environment Smile. Simple in the hands card tricks, and easy in the hands wallet tricks are the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Party Bus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL