The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Egg to dove (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Hi all,
Looking for a way to either produce dove from an egg or transform an egg to dove without using body loads.
Thanks!
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Wow, you're looking for real magic. LOL I'm assuming you're looking for something visual and without props. There are probably other methods out there but the one that comes to mind immediately is a balloon or gloves to dove tray. You could do something with the egg and then toss it on the tray which would immediately produce the dove. Just an idea
Where the magic begins
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I used to combine a blown egg with a Brunel White dove tray mounted as a tabletop. Instead of performing the usual balloon to dove, I just tapped the blown egg on the spike meant for the balloon and triggered the release of the dove as I broke the egg apart with my fingers. More options are available for working on a full stage with lights and backstage helpers, but that one could be done solo almost anywhere a table is appropriate.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Morrissey made a dove egg which you would produce, then open and release a dove. I've never used it myself and I think they're out of production, but you may find a used one floating around (I think my local magic shop has one on the shelf).
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, MikeRaffone wrote:
Hi all,
Looking for a way to either produce dove from an egg or transform an egg to dove without using body loads.
Thanks!

Not much information to go on, as there is not easy way to do this without some misdirection on your part, and practiced handling. If you have studied dove magic, I am sure you know there are other methods for steals besides body steals. Steals from tables, chairs, assistants, are not body loads.

For your Idea, there is a trick called the Kardyro Dove Bag, it is a large black bag, with a Zipper along the bottom. This is still sold by Abbott's Magic.

Show the bag, unzip the bottom, place your hands in the bag to the wrist, twist and crossover the hands, twisting the bag to show it is empty. Remove your hand, and close the zipper. Reach inside and produce a dove from the bag. NOW, with adding an egg, you have an egg to dove effect. Just place an egg I the bag, after showing it empty. It can be a blown egg or plastic. If blown, you can add some drama by placing the egg in the bag on your hand. Now, slap the other hand down on the egg on your hand in the bag, crushing it. Now just reach in and produce the dove.

Present it properly, I think it would be better then just done as dove production.
RandyHuynh
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of RandyHuynh
C.Y ( Korean Magician ) teach egg to Dove in his DVD Dove Worker
check it
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I have a side table with a hinged flap, with a space for the dove below. It came with a heavy fake egg. When you drop the egg on the table it instantly turns into a dove. It looks so good it fools me. I forget who made it. I think it was from South America.

It's like a dove tray that's gravity activated.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I remembered who made it. Here's the link...
http://antoncorradin.com/site/?p=34
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, olivertwist wrote:
I remembered who made it. Here's the link...
http://antoncorradin.com/site/?p=34

Love it! Thanks!
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Egg to dove (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL