The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sherwood Benson Bowl (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
The design and functionality of the bowl is most important. Of course, you want it to look nice but price does not determine that.

I prefer the RNT2 bowl rather than the Sherwood bowl. Less expensive and great design. Comes in brass and copper!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2023, Magical Moments wrote:
The design and functionality of the bowl is most important. Of course, you want it to look nice but price does not determine that.

I prefer the RNT2 bowl rather than the Sherwood bowl. Less expensive and great design. Comes in brass and copper!

Dad put a lot of thought into that Benson Bowl, he took a Rice Bowl and rolled the rim against the bowl. Not one of his brightest moments IMHO
but hey, people liked it.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I too own one of your Dad's Brass RnT2 Benson Bowls and, in my opinion, it is a thing of beauty for a worker!

I must say that I also absolutely love the looks and attention to detail in the Brett Sherwood Line of Props, but, again, it makes more common "Magic-Guy" sense to me to have a WAND draw attention to itself, rather than THE BOWL drawing attention to itself, and for that reason, I use a Brett Sherwood Wand with my Brass Rnt2 Benson Bowl, which is plain in appearance and does NOT draw attention to itself. Like his engraved cups, Brett Sherwood's wand are WONDERFUL and I highly recommend one. They are BEAUTIFUL and in my opinion, are reasonably priced for what you get.

Just to add my 2 cents worth, if you've never tried something a little different for an ending in a Benson Bowl routine, I would like to suggest producing a solid, stainless steel 3 inch ball bearing as your final load in your RnT2 Benson Bowl, while delivering Don's signature line........ "It seems that you've lost your bearing. Let me help you find it." And.....BAM!!!

In my opinion, as a worker, once you've mastered the art of "keeping this quiet" and do it for a lay audience........I bet you will NEVER LOOK BACK!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Well, for me, a less conspicuous wand is what I prefer to use with the RNT bowl. My favorite for this purpose is the Telic wand. Thin, easy to use and manipulate, and does not draw attention. I do not like when a wand (like a Sherwood) is a distraction. I find it to be too long, too busy, and too darn expensive.

IMHO, your wand should not be the center of attention. Kind of like wearing gaudy clothes which distracts as well.
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
I believe Brett is now selling several versions of his Benson bowl on eBay.
Anemoi
View Profile
New user
Cambridge, MA
53 Posts

Profile of Anemoi
I purchased the plain copper bowl and it was very reasonably priced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sherwood Benson Bowl (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL