The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Diving Board Doubles! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Hey guys,

I just got done checking out Lee Asher's latest set of notes. Diving Board Double!!

Lee explains the non acrobatic double in great detail. He then goes into the Acrobatic Double which is what most people are looking to learn. I can say that it's not going to be easy to get the double down, but once you have it you will always use it.

You get tons of tips and even some videos demonstrating each of the doubles.

Lee also explains a way to vanish a deck while producing the 4 aces using the diving board double. It's sick!!!

check them out!
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I agree Lonnie... Great job by Lee laying out these extensive notes for the Diving Board Double. The videos are a great touch and the extras including the "excercise" and "behind the back DD" are awesome.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
gilbert3
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of gilbert3
I've always thought a secret manouver secreted within a flourish to be a very dangerous idea.
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Gilbert - I agree but the focus of this PDF is the non-flourish version of getting a DL. It is a little bit like the Jennings Snap DL. It is a little flashy and and would steer a spectator away from ever thinking you did a DL. In the manual he even mentions that he would never do the "acrobatic" version (flips off the deck) during a performance. It is a great PDF for $13.00.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Gilbert,

The non acro double might be what you are looking for. Lee discusses when and when not to use the acrobatic double too. I won't go into detail because Lee goes over it all in the notes. Trust me you won't be dissapointed.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I recieved his PDF yesterday.It's well layed out.It was worth the 12.95 to me but I've always liked his stuff.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK see that's what I was looking for thanks guys. but now here is the question. Is the PDF good by itself or should I pay the other $7 for the Bich material as well.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
For others interested...

http://www.leeasher.com/diving_board_double.htm

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
This is solid, ORIGINAL material. The layout is wonderful and you can see the time that Lee put into this project. Highly recommended. At $12.95 I think Lee is getting ripped off.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
The manuscript is great. I had a chance to look through it the other day. Every now and then I'll get people asking me how to do it because of the performance videos I made using the Diving Board Double, and now I can send them over to Lee's site to buy the manuscript. I recommend them highly.

K.C. Ushijima

If anyone is interested, here are links to the two videos I made utilizing the move.

1st Video: http://kcushijima.com/Magic/DivingBoardDoubleFun(high).wmv
2nd Video: http://kcushijima.com/Magic/MoreDivingBo......igh).wmv
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I decided to get it and I must admit it is a pretty sweet DL. Thanks to LEE
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
I'll probably end up spilling the extra cash and buy the Mathieu Bich pdf, how is it?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I did that but I havent had the chance to run through.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just bought Diving board double and it is really a well spent $12.95.

The move itself is not hard and the book really breaks it down and gives very detailed,precise instructions. I was doing the basic method within 5 minutes [badly mind you] and after about 20 minutes, I was getting the card to flip in the air and stay together. Catching it is another story Smile This will take lots of practice, but it's really very fun!

The clips are actually linksimbedded in the PDF that you click on and download when you need them. Great idea to keep the file small for all the Luddites out there.

Lee Asher is a "cardman's cardman" Watching him do the DBD [diving board double]
while he snaps the deck over in his hand multiple times in a row is just freaky.
It looks like trick photography. Lee is also a super nice guy and very great to deal with.

Buy this Ebook, you will love it.
Best wishes for your Magic,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I had the pleasure of going to a Lee Asher lecture in KC a couple months back and he taught this to us. I still went to his site and purchased this along with the Bich file just so I could have access to this all the time. It helped the way he descibed the move in the E-book for me to get a better feel for it. All of Lee's items are great.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
THIS is probably my favorite move in all of card-ing. I just got down the acrobatic part, (even the catches) and I'm SOOOOOO happy. Best 12 bucks I ever spent. EVER. I want to share this with all my magic friends but at the same time I don't because it's so good, I want to be the only one doing it. Smile
RazzleDazzle
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
107 Posts

Profile of RazzleDazzle
While I love the move, I am having a bugger of a time always getting two cards with my left thumb... Hopefully with some more practice, I will get the knack.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I have some Problems with it. Mostly my problem lies in the dealers grip. My hands are very large and swallow the cards. I can palm a deck of cards with no problem. It is very knacky for me, because I have to adjust through the entire thing. But it is worth it.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Just viewed the Diving Board Doubles yesterday. I am very impressed with the clarity and how well Lee explains the moves. It's one of the best downloads I've had purchased - highly recommended! The DL looks amazingly cool and nobody would ever suspect that it's DL. I'm practicing it now and it's really is a knacky thing. But once you get it, you'll be doing this forever to impress your buds and specs.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
I think this is a nice move to have in the arsenal. I think that the non-acrobatic move on its own is very useful to know. It can be especially useful when you are performing a number of double lifts, to add variation, or performing to people that are perhaps aware of the use of double lifts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Diving Board Doubles! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL