The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » First tricks??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Hey, I'm wanting to get started with gospel magic some for my church. What are some good effects I can get. I've been doing magic for about a year now, so I am plenty able to do sleights, I've been doing card magic for about the whole time, so sleights aren't a problem. If you can give me any help on this, that would be great. Thanks

Smile

P.S. What is a good place to get them from, http://www.gospelmagic.com is where I have been looking at. How is their service?
Coming soon... Who knows!
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Scheda,

Hello! Almost all of the Gospel Magic that I perform are standard illusions adapted to a message that I want to present. I believe that you'll find that as you study the Word, ideas will begin to develop regarding magic that can be used to convey the message in the scriptures. I many times use the magic as just a "thought-provoker".

A good resource for books and tapes regarding Gospel Magic is Lauflin Magic http://www.laflinmagic.com/

Hope this has been helpful.

In Christ,

Andrew
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Yes it has been a help. Makes me want to go and get in there right now actually. After I check out the website, I'll go and look for some stuff.

Oh and one quick question. A few weeks ago, I was bored at school and designed this big elaborate "death and ressurection" illusion. I don't have the kind of money I would need to perform it, but I was wondering if it would be considered "heresy" if someone were to perform something like that.

I have asked a few friends who are well versed with the Bible, and well, my youth paster isn't very connected with us, so I asked his assistant type of man, and none of them really knew. so I'm hoping if I could get a clear yes or no. But thanks again for the idea csgaa!

Smile
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
To be honest it would depend on the Church you were performing at. It is best to ask a Church before doing any of the illusions/tricks that you do.

Some Churchs are open minded in what you perform, some are very strict.

I have, in the past, had some illusion ideas that, well, after a lot of prayer and pondering I have decided against.

One that comes to mind off hand was being literally nailed to a cross and escaping. After much prayer and consideration I hung that up on the drawing board of life because only One could truly do that miracle. Smile Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea to do something like that, but it was just an idea. It took me like 2 class periods to do. But hey, when you have an idea...

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » First tricks??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL