The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zodiac Sensation (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Any review on Collectors Workshop--zodiac sensation?
Richard
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
Beautifully made, slighlty unwieldy handling, you have to lie about your sign 11 times out of twelve so it's best done for a stranger. I think the prop is beautiful but I never use it.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I see a lot of zodiac's on auction...so I guess it is not very practical....... I know the method and I wonder what kind of an impact it has......It seems like a great idea. I think the Collector's Workshop trick called Half Dollar might be stronger... similar method .... But it has a borrowed object involved and a surprise ending....
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...Seems odd using Star Signs. I have another idea; use a clock face drawn on a coin...

"....Your favorite hour of the day is 5 O'Clock?" - "Mine is 9 O'Clock, what a coincidence...."

Then show the coin with a clock face drawn on either side (5 & 9) - just a thought...

Dr Zordas
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I like it Dr.Zordas..... you should contact VIking/Collector's Workshop...... Great Idea!!!!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Is it really worth 110 dollar? It looks gorgeous on the photo:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/hot1.html
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have it, but never use it....al Kamus said bot that is true.
But the quality is great anyway. Real CW quality.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
The prop is beautiful. It does not work the way I thought it did when I first read the ad many years ago. I thought somehow the jewel moved or was added as needed. Not so, of course. The jewels are both permanently embedded in the medallion and it may be examined as there really is absolutely nothing to find.

The fact that it will not match your real Zodiac sign 11 out of 12 times is true, but very easily overcome. I simply state is was a good luck charm left to me by my deceased father and that he had an uncanny knack of finding only the best people; kind, generous, caring. Before he died, he told me the secret of finding them and it was through this medallion. If, on meeting a complete stranger, it was discovered that my father's sign was on one side of the coin and the stranger's on the other; the two were compatible and the stranger was exactly the kind of person my father described. Bingo.

It is a pretty good price to pay for this thing, but when you get it, I don't think you'll be disappointed in what you receive. Often magicians base the value of a trick on the material received, rather than the ideas, etc. Well, this is one case where you won't open it up and say, "...this is all I got for my $100?"

At first reading you may not like the actual method, but if you do it a few times for real people, I think you'll end up liking it very much. It is an elegant prop, it generates immediate interest and it does play.
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Loyal user
The City of Lights
202 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
Just found 1. Waiting for the mail to bring it . I have wanted one for years. Hard to beat the workmanship of a CW piece. You get what you pay for, and I am sure I will not be disappointed. Keep you posted
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Loyal user
The City of Lights
202 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
Got it. I agree with runawayjag. Not the method I guessed. Thought it was similar to Don Wayne's room service. Not thrilled about the cumbersome method, but I will rehearse and give it a go. Should be ready in a month, so I will keep you all posted. It is absolutely beautiful, well made and I am sure it will gather attention and interest!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zodiac Sensation (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL