The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magicians suits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atown88
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
49 Posts

Profile of Atown88
Hey I'm 14 years old and I wanna buy a magicians suit for like stage magic or something like that. The only problem is I can find any anywhere. Do you kno where I can find one. Or do you no how I can make one?
THX a lot
Anthony
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Magician's suits? Are you talking about the standard style of old like a tuxedo and cape? Well then if that is what you want, shop around and find a tux that you can afford and then buy a cape from a costume shop or buy some material and make your own. If you are going to be performing regularly in a professional setting, a standard business suit would suffice nicely. You need to dress depending on your setting. This is how I do it. If I am performing for a group of people and the setting is laid back and casual, then I will keep it casual. No t-shirts and jeans, but a nice pair of khaki pants and a nice shirt is good enough. If the audience is a bunch of working professionals then I will dress it up a little with a shirt and tie, perhaps a jacket. If I am performing on stage, I keep it nice, but am sure to not be underdressed. Usually I wear a suit for that type of performance. Hope this helps you out and did not confuse you anymore. If you need anymore help, just ask.

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I saw somewhere.."At a party you should always dress as though when you are leaving, you are going to a nicer party." I suppose this principle could apply to almost anything. Be one level higher than the people you are performing for. A pair of slacks with a golf shirt would probably be my attire.
The Presitidigitationist
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
I got a blazer and dress pants at "Value Village". I don't know if you have one where you live, but they sell donated clothes for very cheap ($10 in all). Any second-hand clothes store would be great. Sorry I can't be of more help.
-Jamie
okito25
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria BC Canada
145 Posts

Profile of okito25
Hello Atown .. check out the Tux rental shops .. usually once a year or so they have a huge sale on .. " Last years" styles , I buy all my shirts for like 5 bucks each .. and full tuxs go for like 50 to 100 bucks , dress shoes for like 10
Keet
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
The trouble is that at 14 years old, you are likely due for another growth spurt soon. If you spend any amount of money on a suit, be prepared to buy another one in a couple of years. For that reason, the second hand stores or thrift stores may be your best bet. You may want to steer clear of the tuxedos until you have finished growing. Until then, if you really want a suit, just look for a basic black suit or blazer.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 09:49, magicman845 wrote:

The trouble is that at 14 years old, you are likely due for another growth spurt soon. If you spend any amount of money on a suit, be prepared to buy another one in a couple of years.

Kent

Take up smoking, it will stunt your growth and the suit will fit longer. Plus, it's a great way to "look cool" and it impresses the older kids.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Sean
View Profile
Loyal user
No Cal
205 Posts

Profile of Sean
Quote:
On 2005-05-12 20:10, Justin2200 wrote:
I saw somewhere.."At a party you should always dress as though when you are leaving, you are going to a nicer party." I suppose this principle could apply to almost anything. Be one level higher than the people you are performing for. A pair of slacks with a golf shirt would probably be my attire.

Makes you wonder about the people David Blaine performs for.
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I really don't have much respect for david blaine anymore. He couldn't perform half his magic without his TV and editing crew.
The Presitidigitationist
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 17:22, Justin2200 wrote:
I really don't have much respect for david blaine anymore. He couldn't perform half his magic without his TV and editing crew.

I agree Justin. Before I thought David Blaine was all that, but now that I've learned he uses camera angles and stooges in almost everrything, he is not the greatest magician around. He is a good entertainer but an only an okay magician.
-Jamie
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
But if you try explaining that to a layperson, you will only come accross as a jealous wannabe. So, you see, David Blaine may actually be one of the greatest magicians of all time. He has created an extremely pervasive illusion that he is THE MAGICIAN of the era. He has employed tremendous psychological skills to misdirect people away from the suspicion of camera tricks or editing. He has entertained huge numbers of people and he has made millions in the process.

In many ways, he has used modern technology to bring to fruition the old phrase, "A magician is simply an actor playing the role of a great magician."

I am not a David Blaine fan, but I do have to give him credit for his success.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magicians suits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL