The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Greg Frewin Dinner Theater (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
It's not a convenbtion or lecture, but I was't sure where to post this. Greg Frewin has a new dinner theater in Niagara Falls.

It's a full show. It just opened though, and I've seen the show, it is something else.

I've seen Greg's work before, but on t.v. and seeing it in person is just amazing.

I'd personally like to see more of his dove act, but it is still more then enough.

Just thought I would say if you are in the area, or anywhere near, check it out, it's deffinately worth it.

Are we allowed to post links to other sites here?
Well just incase, you can probably find more info on his site which is pretty easy to find.

Any one else seen it?

Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Here's a link if anyone is interested.

It's deffinately a worthwhile venture;

http://www.gregfrewin.com

and

http://www.gregfrewintheatre.com
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I saw gregs show recently, it was good, however I felt bad because the show I don't think is selling too well. He is a great established performer and seeing only 35 - 50 people in this beautiful theatre and his great show was too bad.

good show tho...check it out
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
150 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Zaam101,

Don't feel too bad. Gregs show has only recently opened and it's gonna take a while to build up the audience. Ask anyone who opened their own theatre and they'll tell you - it doesn't happen overnight. Greg and his team are in it for the long haul and it won't take long before they're performing to full houses every night...
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
Made a family trip to Niagara Falls last weekend. We looked up Greg's theater and went to the show. It's a great show in a beautiful new theater; vegas style seating (semi-circle booths, and tables). Dinner is available before the show; bar service is also available.

Show runs about 90 minutes, with no intermission. Greg opens with his signature dove act, then mixes in several illusion and stand-up sets. A very nice pace, with light cues and custom sound. Good interaction with the audience, with some light comedy bits, and a couple dance sets. Overall just a solid show. He's got about three cats (of the tiger variety), in the show, too.

In his stand-up sets he performed Anderson Newspaper tear, Pavel's walking knot, $100 bill change (with camera and big screen), and vanishing bandana. My kids loved these sets, since they've seen Dad (me) do these. I was especially impressed with Greg's handling of the bill switch and Pavel's walking knot; they were flawless. (it inspired me to go home and work harder on my own handling).

About 100 people in the audience; I felt bad (as stated above). But, he was competing with a fireworks display that night, too. We met Greg and his parents after the show. Very nice people. I hope Murray's right about taking some time to fill the theater; I'm pulling for them to succeeed. Greg's dad mentioned that one of the largest hotel owners was at the show that night and hoped this could help them pull more people in.

If you're within a days driving distance, go see Niagara Falls, then go to the show that night.

Ron Spangler
Ron Spangler
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Its no secret that interest in the show started off slow. I'm from the area and to be honest Niagara Falls has hosted some "stinker" magic shows in the past. They all flopped!

Very little local excitement was created by the idea of another magic show because everyone thought history would repeat itself. Just like Murray says..."they're in it for the long haul". It seems to be paying off as nothing but "Positve" reviews are getting attention of local businesses and promoters. Many of the major hotels are now promoting the show to their guests and a freind of mine who works in the box office tells me bus tour companies have been booking for the fall.

This is one of those shows who's success will be based on "word of mouth".
I have no doubt it will fly.

One more thing...the name Greg Frewin is not well know to the layman just as many people outside of Vegas still don't know the name Lance Burton. You can flood the town with " Greg Frewin Show" and it doesn't mean much to laymen..YET! However....a television show centered around Greg is being filmed in the fall and this ( in addition to the rep he is building in NF ) will introduce him to the public more. Keep your eyes out for it.

Best,

Tim

Looking forward to the get together on Friday. See ya there!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Greg Frewin Dinner Theater (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL