The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Small chop cup final loads... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
I recently bought the Miracle Magic (made in India) small plastic chop cup in order to see if I like the routine enough to spend more on a good cup. I was trying to find a good final load at WalMart when I discovered foam practice golfballs. The make great final loads for the chop cup and my small cups and balls set. I then walked over a couple of aisles and found smiley face AND alien head antenna topper balls and they both work great too. Just thought I'd pass this info along.

Sammy the Kid
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Ah! A K-Mart shopper! Next to dollar stores, my favorite place to buy magic equipment. However, in the dollar store, I recently located a little wind-up toy car that spins around in circles for a few seconds, if you want a noisy and animated final load. It was in the toy section. Now I'm looking for a tiny radio controled car that could also serve the same purpose, but under the guidance of a secret assistant, could also be programmed to drive around a card circle and stop on a freely chosen card. Very unwizard-like thoughts these days!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
In the cover story of the November 2002 edition of MAGIC they said the guy would do a watch steal and have that be the final load.

Anyway...
What about a ball of play dough?
A partially inflated balloon
A stuffer animal.
Various sponge shapes, maybe?
A paper weight (be careful about it breaking!!!).
If the chop cup is big enough you might fit a deck of cards inside (I don't know if they even make them big enough since I never had a chop cup).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
jalsing
View Profile
New user
Allen, TX
89 Posts

Profile of jalsing
I found some small soft rubber sports balls at Academy that fit perfect. Imagine the surpise, a basketball comes out, then a soccer ball, football, etc.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I've used regular golf balls with the plastic cups and balls. They fit perfectly. I found it really adds to the effect if you bounce the first one on the floor right after you produce it. The first thing that seems to go through people's minds seems to be that the final loads are fake and can be compressed really small to hide them in the cups. By bouncing the golf ball, people instantly know it is solid and real. Besides, the "thunk" sound the golf ball makes quite an attention getting device.

Thanks,
Richard
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
What exactly is a final load?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 14:26, blazes816 wrote:
What exactly is a final load?

A final load is what you produce at the end of the routine (hence 'final load') in the cup...it is there in lieu of the ball(s) you have been showing them.
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Oh. thank you
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
I was checking out of hobby lobby with a handful of raw materials (craft string, beads, small steel rings) when I ran across these 99 cent articukated toy stuffed bears. I bought one on a lark and foubd it to be the perfect size for a final load. I love it when cheap and good come together...
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Djbilan,
I found one of the 99 cent stuffed rabbits that also fits in my cups for C&B final load on the Ron Bauer routine.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
At an euro store I found an amazing assortment of artificial fruits and vegetables which are used for decorations or store displays. The quality was excellent. Went back the next day with my cup and started testing and left with a huge bag of stuff.

I've always liked theming cups and balls or chop cup with the final loads. The same old, familiar routine is brand new when its themed. For a football club I used small footballs (from a toy store), at Halloween small pumpkins (artificial, of course) and for kids small vinyl statues of Disney characters. I bought small plastic shot glasses from Ikea (I think Eugene Burger uses's them in his "shotglass surprise") and I am working out a routine using shot glasses as final loads or something-its not very far yet, just testing different ways so far.
Sent from my Typewriter
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
How about this:

You do your chop cup routine.
Then you use your final load.
You now load a roll of film for a 2nd final load.
You tell them (as picking up the cup showing the roll) "That's the photo finish"
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Robert Black
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Robert Black
2 cents on the cup load,

I had this problem a long time ago. I use the mini cup so my final load requirement is minimal but important never the less. for a large cup (for intermediate or final load) I settled on Nerf gun foam balls. They come in a 4 pack, they are super light, about 1 3/4" round, and the 3 most important reasons 'I' choose them:

1) They look completely different than any other ball I would normally use

2) They have a brilliant Yellow color that only the legally blind can't see.

3) For the mini cup, they fill it completely and they can be lightly "stuck" into of the cup with the slightest of finger pressure and is easily dislodged.

Good Luck.
"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity." -- Dr. Edwin. Land
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Here's a final load I used to use for my cups and balls routine. I used a BIG wad of cash! (Fake money rolled up with a real bill on the outside.)

"Now folks, before I was learned the cups and balls I spent four years doing pickpocketing magic. But don't worry....you're all safe with me. (A Big Smile) Isn't it funny how everyone always takes a giant step back when I say that? Ok we'll take that last ball, and put it into the pocket and....there, I did it again...did you all see that? You see the way I snuck it back under the cup? Well here it is....WHOOPS! How did that get in there?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Small chop cup final loads... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL