The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » A real blessing at the restaurant this evening (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hi All,
Just wanted to share a really neat experience I had this evening. I was performing at my restaurant, and at this one particular table was a pretty big guy, intimidating to me. He, was there with some other people. He looked to me like the leader
of a motorcycle group. (I say this in humility) Anyway after my performance, which they seemed to enjoy, he asked me if he could show me a trick after their meal. I obliged, I wasn't about to refuse.

The meal was over and I walked over. He said that he was a Born-Again Christian and would like to show me a trick. (Relief, Smile I told him I was too) Anyway he showed me a trick about salvation, that included a story line while tearing up the placemat to illustrate the salvation message. It was extremely good, in fact he took the time to show me the folds and tears right at the table. After some conversation about our shared faith, he stood up right there in the middle of the restaurant and we gave each other a big hug.... A waitress later came over to me and said she overheard our conversation and asked what church I attended. We found out that we went to the same church. What a great evening.. what a neat God we serve.

Just wanted to share..
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
He is indeed an Awseome God!

Thanks for sharing that story David.

Often we stand in fear of the unknown. But if we move forward in faith and trust that He is with us, we discover that He is everywhere!

And think also what a Blessing to the fellow who showed you the effect, and the waitress too!

All because you did some magic! You were willing to share joy, and entertainment, and look what God shared with you!!

Thanks again for the story!

God Bless!

BroDavid
T
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Thanks Bro David for your comments!!

Stepping out in faith. How many times do we
(I) have to learn that. He proves Himself time and time again, yet there is still doubt at times..... I was thinking about the other restaurant patrons, (it was pretty crowded) witnessing a meaningful hug in a public place. Thanks again for your encouragement...
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Yes David!

Right after I came to Christ (11 years ago at age 46) I mentioned to a friend;

I am constantly amazed, that I am constantly amazed by God.

Just last week, that comment came back in a discussion of what God was doing with a group of young people who are withnessing now with a touch of magic.

On one hand, I wonder why I am still amazed by God. But on the other hand, I hope I never lose my wonder and amazment of Him.

I used to think it was because I was so new in my faith. But now I am sure that the closer I get to Him, the more amazing He is!

I am currently putting together a performance that I will show at an open house in December by the Northeastern Ohio Fellowship of Christian Magicians. It is about Faith. And the premise is set on the old story of Praying for Rain. In short, the story tells of a child who attends a prayer session where everyone is praying for rain. He asks, if they believe it, why doesn't anyone have an umbrella? Then I will proceed into an umbrella production and talk faith throughout the production. I currently have eight (3 large at 22", 5 smaller at 19") umbrellas to produce, and am hoping to acquire 4-5 more smaller ones 12-14" to add to the effect.

And you are certainly right David. Doubt is a tough enemy. The world (satan) will tell us, don't embarass yourself. Don't take a risk. You can't do it. Nobody cares, and so on.... but when we are able to push past doubt, we find assurance and God's Presence on the other side.

I, like you, have to learn trust, over and over again. But thanks to God, he forgives us over and over again..

God Bless and keep using your gifts to His Glory!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » A real blessing at the restaurant this evening (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL