The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Finding Responses? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Russ
View Profile
Regular user
Muskogee, Oklahoma
126 Posts

Profile of Russ
What is the best way to find out if someone has responded to your post or if someone has added to the thread that you have added too?

Russ
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that question as well (thanks for asking it Russ).
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
If you initiate the thread, you can select an option (way down at the bottom of the screen) which enables you to receive email notices when someone has contributed to your thread. If you responded to another post, I don't know that there is an easy way other than checking the threads you posted to for new posts each time you sign in. The icons to the far left will inform you if there have been any new posts on the thread since your last visit and the far right column indicates the date, time, and user name for the most recent post.

Hopefully this clarifies it for you a little.

Paul
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
I have done searches for posts with me as an author, which pulls up a handy page from which I can access the threads I'm currently participating in. I can link right into those threads, go to the end, see what the latest responses are, then go back to the search page and do it again.

Hope this helps.

JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
That's a good idea, Joe. Or, even quicker (no typing), click on your own profile then select the "View posts by this user" option and you will get a list of all your own posts. This will not, however, indicate whether or not there have been any responses to your post. It is an easy way to remind you where you've been.
Russ
View Profile
Regular user
Muskogee, Oklahoma
126 Posts

Profile of Russ
Paul,
That's a great idea.
I have had folks ask me something in a thread started by someone else and I never knew it.
This should be a big help.

Thanks,
Russ
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Finding Responses? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL