The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Dynamic Coins who invented the effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
The Dynamic Coins arguably has to be one of magic’s biggest sellers but who invented it. I remember Ken Brooke selling something similar years ago called the Fred Lowe Coin Cylinder. Although the components where slightly bigger in size to the Dynamic Coins because it used pre decimal coins many of the moves where the same. I no many Magic Company’s have sold this effect over the years Tenyo Japan being the largest but it would be interesting to find out its history.
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
The origin of stacking penny shell goes back to Houcus Pocus jr. Single use of the gimmick has been around for a long time. Hiroshi Kondo and Shigeru Sugawara of Tenyo Co.invented the use of two gimmicks. It was sirca 1973. Maybe Tenyo sold 1,800,000 sets til today.

Hideo Kato
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I could be wrong but I believe I have seen an add in an old Genii Magazine ( From late 80's to early 90's maybe)that had an add for for this effect and Ali Bongo's name was on the effect. I could be compleatly wrong but this is what I seem to remember.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Dynamic Coin by Tenyo was exported also to England, so it is possible Ali had a relation with the ad of this product. Though, I don't know the fact.

Hideo Kato
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Dynamic Coins also happens to be one of the most ripped-off effects in magic! I've recently added this, and a few other Tenyo items, to my MAGIC FAKERS page http://www.magicunlimited.com/magic_fakers.htm

Take a look. I'm sure there are many other tricks that need inclusion on this page.

TIM ELLIS
Try our tasty new blog!
http://www.MagicUnlimited.Typepad.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Dynamic Coins who invented the effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL