The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Idea for carry around walkaround closeup "table" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
I was strolling through Hobby Lobby the other day and saw unfinished wooden boxes shaped like large books. I thought to myself, "What if I painted one of these to look like a real book, put dividers and elastic loops inside, and put a closeup pad on the backside? Well, that might just make a pretty good 'table' for walkaround." These things are like 10" X 14" and big enough to put my mini chop cup and mini cups and balls in. I might even cloth bind it to hide the closeup pad. Does this seem like something plausible or am I going overboard?

Sammy the Kid
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I think it sounds like a great idea, Sammy. My only concern would be the size. 10x14 seems a little small, but then again, you know how much space you need better than I do.

I say go for it!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
eyebuildillusions
View Profile
New user
Fairview Park , Ohio
29 Posts

Profile of eyebuildillusions
The reason I think it’s a great Idea
is that once you put your personal touch on it,
That in and of itself makes it unique. You won't find it in any magic store. That will set you apart from any other performer.
If you do corporate stuff you can put their logo on the prop.
Work a restaurant logo or menu into the paint scheme. Go to the company web site copy the logo print to a template or airbrush (all with their permission of course)
Save the prop for the possible repeat performance!
I have found that the little stuff makes a difference. You look more polished more professional.

just my 2 1/2 cents.
"Give them a good show and they will gladly pay the price of admission.”
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Almost finished with it! Where can I post pics for y'all to have a look at it when I'm done?

Sammy the Kid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Idea for carry around walkaround closeup "table" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL