The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Good UK Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RyanWhiteside
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of RyanWhiteside
Okay I'm about to dig up a very old topic, but a relevant one at that.
I Live in the UK and cant find bikes anywhere (apart from costco on occasion) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend either a place to get bikes or an alternative? Waddingtons I have tried on many occasions and they are abysmal. The Stratus cards mentioned in this thread seem to be no longer available.
Any recommendations would be appreciated
Ryan
ShaunR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of ShaunR
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, RyanWhiteside wrote:
I Live in the UK and cant find bikes anywhere (apart from costco on occasion) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend either a place to get bikes or an alternative? Waddingtons I have tried on many occasions and they are abysmal. The Stratus cards mentioned in this thread seem to be no longer available.
Ryan

https://www.cards4magic.co.uk/cards-c-3.html - maybe?
RyanWhiteside
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of RyanWhiteside
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, ShaunR wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, RyanWhiteside wrote:
Ryan

https://www.cards4magic.co.uk/cards-c-3.html - maybe?

I wasn't thinking more of a physical place to buy them like a shop or supermarket but that will be a huge help when I order online so thankyou!
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I had an interesting experience when I recently bought some Waddingtons Number 1 Playing Cards from my local supermarket. The cards are printed in two factories, one in Austria and another in China. I had no idea until I discovered both versions on the shelves the other day. You can read the full article on my blog:

Which Waddingtons?

While I love performing magic with Bikes, I also regularly use Waddingtons because they're cheaper, and it's easier for me to get my hands on a pack at short notice. Royal Flush Playing Cards, printed by Cartamundi, are also widely available in shops and supermarkets. These seem to be the best quality cards easily obtainable in the UK.

Like others on this thread, I also used to favour Stratus cards by Cartamundi, but they're almost impossible to find these days. Their "Ace" brand looks like it uses the same back design, though.

Maybe we'll see them distributed more widely in the UK and Europe now that Cartamundi owns USPCC.

Marty
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
523 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
I keep seeing bikes and Copag 310s in WHSmiths. Might be worth checking in your local one.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
Quote:
I keep seeing bikes and Copag 310s in WHSmiths. Might be worth checking in your local one.

Thanks for the tip. I do, occasionally find other Cartamundi and USPCC cards locally. Many years ago, I even found some Theory11 Steampunks in Waterstones!

Marty
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
360 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2022, disgruntledpuffin wrote:

Wait you've seen 310s I WHSmiths??

Like fairly common??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Good UK Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL