The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help me.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I need new material. I have a small audience, but it's still a "following" (if only you knew how new a concept this is to me). Anyway, I need something for less then a buck. I specialize in card magic and minor close up illusions. And I prefer non-gimmicked. Any ideas. I heard Kundalini rising's pretty good, but I don't know where I can get it or the cost.
thanks for your help
-Tropical penguin
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
The magicwarehouse has Kundalini raising, going for 8 bucks http://themagicwarehouse.com/cards7.html#lp2552
Hope that helps.
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Russ
View Profile
Regular user
Muskogee, Oklahoma
126 Posts

Profile of Russ
You can't buy much for a dollar.
Have you checked your local library?

Our library has a good selection of beginner books, including "The Magic Book" by Harry Lorayne. And it's free.

Russ
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
Books and vids are good if you're on a budget (like me), I think in my whole magic life, I'v only bought 1 or 2 tricks that I didn't get from a book or vid.. It's a great way to learn
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Kuldini Rising uses a gimmick so if you prefer non-gimmick stuff, try a book with card tricks in it. Smile
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
I agree with Rcitgo, don't buy gimmicks, buy a good book.
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Bying a good book for a buck is near impossible, you couldn't buy a pack of cards for that, so may-be some photocopys from your library is more close to a buck
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
Search the web! You would be amazed how many goof balls are out there who are willing to give away more than 20 bucks worth of tricks for free on-line. You can even find Kuldini Rising online. I can't tell you the web-site addresses because that would be just as bad as revealing the method of the trick myself.
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
May I suggest some rubberband magic?
You can do some killer effects with them.
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
try

Ultimate Magic Library
http://www.ultimatemagic.com/library/

or

thelearnedpig.pa.com (i think)

they both require a test to get in, but they have tons of tricks that are user contributed or books that have expired copy rights, thus public property.

both are free, hope you enjoy.
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
Thanks. One of my favorite sites for this kind of stuff is ps.superb.com/cardtric It has some really great free card tricks. The hard trick index has a test, but it's simple.
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help me.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL