The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemical / mysterious symbols (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I'm currently creating a wizard's ceremonial robe and am looking for sources on what symbols would be appropriate on it. I've found a few sources for alchemy symbols for various metals, as well as astrological symbols, but I wonder if there are any others that would be appropriate? Also if there might be any information on a way to distribute them other than haphazard scattering? I love trying to make things look as authentic as possible. Thanks...
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Try "Dictionary of Symbols" by Carl G Liungman... its a fantastic piece of reference material. Also the "Magacians Companion" by Bill Whitcomb, also a great piece of reference material. Between those two you should find enough authentic symbology to cover you head to toe.
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Thanks Wil, the "Magician's Companion" in particular looks exactly like what I have been searching for Smile ! I've finished the robe, now it's just a matter of "decorating" it so I'm going after that book. Cheers...
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
theologian
View Profile
New user
italy
21 Posts

Profile of theologian
Hello to all,
Some years ago,Brother Shadow published:
"Brother Shadow's book of copyright free arcane art"
Lettrelly thossends of illustrtion that you can use to make yours props,doccuments,mailers bussiness cards,unique.You find in it,immmages of tarot cards talisman,alphabet, some occult,astrolocgical sign,tittle pages from ancient books,and much more.

here in Italy,you can purchase into the book-shops"Occult Immages"a book and Cd-Rom.It contains different illustrations of occult,that you can use for postcards,flyers...
Yours
Theologian
P.s.Happy halloween or i must say happy Samhain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemical / mysterious symbols (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL