The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alpha Deck (Richard Sanders) Review... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, rboyd wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2018, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Ok, sounds perfect for that.

My alpha deck has arrived. I've not had a chance to play properly but watched the instructional videos which are very straightforward.

There are two things that worry me. I'm not sure how natural I can make my move look. It's a simple move but seems out of place. The other thing is the way to identify the non gimmicks cards.

From your experience is this noticeable to the participant?

That being said, this trick is well within my ability and I am really looking forward to performing it. Despite the above anxieties I consider to be well thought out and fair value for money.

First of all, try to pick your helper carefully, this isn't as important for this effect as many others but it's always a good idea. If you only have a spec who is obviously intent on busting you then this probably isn't something you should do for them, at least until you get some performances of it under your belt and have built up some confidence.
The important thing is to use your best acting skills and always try and appear natural and unconcerned. If you broadcast any fear or worries (even unconsciously) your spec will pick up on that become much more suspicious of everything you do.

To answer your specific questions...as long as you don't appear to be looking for any marks your spec won't either and therefore will never "see" anything.
The same is true for any "moves". If you act natural they will go by unnoticed. Or you can present it as a do as I do.
Remember to tell them why you aren't going to look at the cards and don't want them to either. It makes sense and is perfectly logical and unless their goal is to bust you they will simply follow your directions.

So the key with so many of these types of effects is for you to erase any worry from your mind because if you seem worried then they will too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alpha Deck (Richard Sanders) Review... (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL