The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Magician's Insurance Policy!... (The Trick) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
One of the best Insurance Policy performances I have seen was by Simon Lovell. He uses it in his card to wallet routine. Basically he is going into his pocket to get the Policy NOT the wallet. Great diversion!

Anyone have some cool Insurance Policy templates?

Thanks, Bill
flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
Chris - That's a great idea! Mind if I steal it?

Regarding forces, I ALWAYS have a spec say stop as I riffle to select a card, whether I'm forcing a card or not. I do this for two reasons:

1. It makes the riffle force look totally natural when I need to use it. I think it avoids people thinking, "gee, why didn't he let me just pick a card out of the deck like the last guy did?"
2. I can't bring myself to say, "pick a card, any card".

Fredd
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
In addition to my own routine, I would also like to direct you to Martin Lewis' great routine, "ReCovered" (http://www.magikraft.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=3#recovered). It incorporates a signed card to envelope along with many of the gags discussed above.

Regards,

Paul Green

PS I receive no financial rewards for this posting.
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
242 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 23:39, flobiwan wrote:
Chris - That's a great idea! Mind if I steal it?

Thank you for asking, but by all means, please use it. Smile

Chris
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 23:45, PaulGreen wrote:
In addition to my own routine, I would also like to direct you to Martin Lewis' great routine, "ReCovered" (http://www.magikraft.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=3#recovered). It incorporates a signed card to envelope along with many of the gags discussed above.

There's a subliminal message in all of this. Note that in the demo video, Martin Lewis is wearing a dark shirt, a GREEN tie and a GREEN jacket. Coincidence? I think not!
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
OOPs, sorry, the "Recovered" effect I recalled as Rick Johnsson's is apparently the Martin Lewis effect. Figures, it's funny, it's commercial, and the magic delivers. You could make a living off this trick and Cardiographic, although it would appear that you just never can find that selected card on the first try.

Seriously, try this. All the impact of a LePaul wallet, but at a fraction of the cost.

I recieve all of Paul's financial rewards for posting this.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
James Kennedy
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
17 Posts

Profile of James Kennedy
Who invented the original magician's insurance policy?
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
George McAthy.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Magician Insurance policy routine:

Force King of Diamonds.

While helper is displaying card to audience I look like I am trying to cheat using a mirror to see card. (Comedy)

Then I use Doty Scope trying to cheat again to see card. (Comedy)

Tell audience the chosen care is going to fly out of the deck and I will catch it.

Fly cards out of deck your favorite method. 5-7 cards flys. (Jeff McBride) I do three different methods.
Still can't find card.

Then I look sad and pull out magicians insurance policy.

Bla Bla Bla here's your card.

Also like my fellow Café members. I have not done this in years.

Tip: You can do the above comedy and moves and use Martin Lewis' New Cardiolite.
I love and use mine.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Magician's Insurance Policy!... (The Trick) (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL