The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Do you like David Blaine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
Edsel Chiu
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong / Los Angeles
325 Posts

Profile of Edsel Chiu
Do you like David Blaine?
"If there is magic, let it be an art." - William Shakespeare
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Only if he buys me a drink when I run into him.
swee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of swee
Well , he is good ,..... at least better than Mr. angel
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
I used to think it very annoying that in high school David Blaine became my nickname but I came to realize that they meant it as a complement. I don't really mind him, I am not a fan of the body stunts that he has been up to lately and the same with Criss Angel.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I like the card stuff he does. I don't like this stuff he does like indurance stuff, if that is what I can call it, where is the magic in that? There is not even an escape. I am also told he uses camra tricks? If that so I don't like that. But I do like him.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
No.
ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
I must admit he is technically a very competent magician, and a fantastic self-publicist, but from a personal standpoint I think his presentational style does nothing to enhance the art of magic that I so love.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
His skill is undeniable.

But I am not a fan of his 'Uhm, can I show this to you, come here, look, can you see this, look, come here, are you watching this'

Although I must admit, I tried it once, just for kicks and it gets people's attention!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Low to intermedite skills in card work. Zero personality. A+ in getting the camera to record the spectators reaction of one of his miracles.

Rick K
Self concept is destiny..
Small-hands Luke
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Small-hands Luke
He amazes people with magic.

Isn't that the point?

Or is the point to only become famous after he's mastered everything that YOU put so much hard work into yourself?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Standing on a pole or sitting in box is not amazing people with "magic". It amazing that you think it is.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I don't like him, but I like what hes done for magic.

Chri angle on the other hand, I'm not such a fan of.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
I really have to say that I like him as a magician and a performer. Yes maybe his performance style is a little dry but it works for him. As far as his skill anyone that can perform simple switch while performing on the street for strangers comfortably is obviously no slouch. Plus his curky-cue move was pretty nice too. but besides all that, technical skill is what is used to complete an effect and maybe it wasn't pretty at times (cough pass cough) but it worked for him.
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
mentalvic
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of mentalvic
He is what he is, he does what he does, and I won't knock him for it.

He's brought what we do back into the spotlight (along with Criss Angel) and we've got to appreciate that.

I don't know the man personally so I can neither say that I like nor dislike him. I would hope he's a good guy, though.
There she was, a dodgy old prune in a tiara, rushing at me waving a sword. Do all knights suffer this whilst being made?
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Like him or not, he brought magic out of perpetual "geek-dom". In one swoop he made magic "cool".

Many magicians should appreciate his contributions rather than bash him; if not for him, most wannabes would still be playing to their one spectator...in front of the mirror.

Dave
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
Mindphantom wrote "Low to intermedite skills in card work. Zero personality"

Actually, having a personality you don't find entertaining or interesting does not mean 'zero' personality.

also "Low to intermedite skills in card work" ??? really ? ive seen blaine execute an ambitious card routine with breakless , rock solid double lifts. that's more then can be said to many regarded as experts who telegraph a double lift or use awkward handling. Blaines A LOT better then most.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Well, I like what to see what he does with his magic, he is very cool. Smile - He seldom smile when he performs his magic to the spectator.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I like him. I have respect for him as well.
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
I like him. The reason I got into card magic was because of his ambitious card routine, it was brilliant I use to watch the video of it over and over again looking for 'the move' before I found out how the trick worked.

I think some people who don't like him realsize that there's not going to be another TV street magician who will do as well because he has gone and done it, an if there is they'll always get introduced as 'the next David Blaine'. Maybe some are sleightly 'it wasn't them' or they feel they could have done it better...oh well. The point is I uses to love watching him before I became just another clicky magician.
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
In my opinion, the things about Blaines "zero personality" are total false.
Beacause I think every magician haves a kind of an "image" aka parsonality or how would I put it... The way they express themselves and how they want the spectator to think them as a person (for example, "this guy sure is creepy" or "this guy sure is polite and elegant) and Blaine just happens to have the "casual guy" image.

And now for the answer: I sure like Blaine, his card tricks were the first ones I learned ^_^

Yours,

J0ma
Magic Is Life
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Do you like David Blaine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL