The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Svengali deck ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSHEDDY
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JSHEDDY
Hi, I have heard alot of good stuff about the Svengali deck and was wondering what it is? Where can I get one at and what is the usual price they run at. Thank-You Smile

Thanks,
Justin
"Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
- Dai Vernon
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Available from any magic dealer or magic shop for just a few dollars, the deck is sometimes known as short and long. Sometimes you can find them in toy stores, novelty shops and even in kid's magic kits.

Fantastic beginer's deck and yet you can still fool laymen and even some magicians with it who already know the secret. I still see a few pros using the deck also, and doing wonderful things with it.

A true classic of card magic!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
a must have!
Simple in principle, but plays big.
Basically a force deck.
Ranges in price from £3, to £8 for Bike-style (if you are keying the routine to another deck). Available at all good magic web sites.
If handled correctly this deck will even fool fellow magicians, who are not aware you are using it.
There is a nice little booklet "100 astounding tips, tricks, and techniques with the Svengali", price £6.99.
If you buy one, email me on geoff_0@hotmail.com and I will gladly share my handling of the deck with you.
If you do buy one, then your next deck must be a "Stripper Deck".
- regards, Wulfie
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey Justin,
I've been 'pitching" Svengali decks (selling) for many years.Working flea markets mostly.I sell to layman,so quality doesn't matter to much.Their are some really lame Svengali decks out their cheap card stock,and not worth much of anything.I've even seen some that I wouldn't sell.
If you are serious about getting a deck than spend a few extra bucks and get a Bicycle brand.You should be able to find a bicycle Svengali deck from most magic dealers for about $10.00 or under.Also ask the dealer what books or videos he has for a Svengali deck and get atleast one.
Hope this helped,
Have a nice day,
Don
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
Hi, JSHEDDY,

There are two Svengali decks among the list of items from an estate I am helping to liquidate.
On this forum go to marketplace>estate sale.
You have to give it away to keep it.
JSHEDDY
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JSHEDDY
Thank-you all very much for the information. Looks like I'm going to invest in a Svengali deck. Once I get it it would be great if you could show me the way you handle the deck Wulfie. Thanks again for all your advice. Smile

Best regards,
Justin
"Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
- Dai Vernon
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
There are video tapes teaching tricks by using such deck. You may check on any on-line magic store for more details about that.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Svengali deck ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL