The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
How about you bet the mark that they can't balance more than 6 50p's on the table in under a minute, in fact you will give them £1 for every 50p that they manage to balance... when they manage to balance 10 or so and are looking really pleased with themselves hand them a £1 and scope up all there 50p's.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
For me it is one that was said earlier where you do a card trick ,and tell the spec the next card I turn over is yours....gets em every time.

I don't bother with cards anymore but if I do decide to show a couple of tricks with cards then I'll get em with that one Smile
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
jolly12
View Profile
New user
PEI, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of jolly12
This thread is awesome! I host a few draws and game show nights in our community and these will be excellant to pull out every once in awhile.
bhappie
View Profile
Regular user
B. Happie Entertainment, LLC
123 Posts

Profile of bhappie
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 00:08, mrmystic wrote:
This one is really mean. I have only done it once and the guy I did it to was a real jerk the keep bothering the girl I was there with.
Bet the guy a fiver that he can't put a cue ball in his mouth. Sounds easy and it is. Getting it in is no problem. As soon as he shoves it in, pay him the fiver and leave. After you leave and he is laughing at what a chump you are, he will try to take it out again. This is where the fun starts, he can't. The way the human jaw is shaped it is very easy to shove a cue ball in, the problem is with a ball in your mouth you can't get your fingers in to grab it and pull it out. They have to go to the emergency rooom and get a shot to relax the jaw so that the doctors can partually dislocate the jaw enough to remove the ball. I went back in a week later and people were still laughing about it. Please do not try this to see if it works. If you must, use an apple the same size so that when you can't get it out you can slowly chew it untill it is small enough to get a grip on what's left.

OK- now that I have cleaned the tears from my cheaks I can write. This is the funniest post I have read yet! I hope I never need to use it, but just incase- its great!

My favorite... or well, second favorite now is to put two coins on the table and you push them toward the mark one at a time and count as you do it. Push an imaginary coin and count 3. Then ask how many coins they see. They say 2. If they say 3, you say, no seriously, how many. Anyway, you do this a few times before saying, "there really are three coins. Bet you $5 I'm wrong." So confused by the imaginary coin, they take the bet and you say OK, I'm wrong, give me the $5. If they wont give it to you shove a cue ball in their mouth- holy cow that's funny.
bhappie
View Profile
Regular user
B. Happie Entertainment, LLC
123 Posts

Profile of bhappie
Quote:
On 2006-03-14 01:43, freefallillusion1 wrote:
That has GOT to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. It's kinda like knowing where the weak spot on the Lion's neck is, to wrestle him off- I'll probably never need it, but if the occasion arises...

wait a minute- you can't make a post like that without the answer! Now if I am ever under a lion I will spend the last 3 seconds of my life wishing I had just googled it!
Donavon
View Profile
New user
Battle Mountain,NV currently in CT
47 Posts

Profile of Donavon
Place your hand on your head. Your elbow will be out to the side. Essentially the bet is that I can hold my hand against my head and you can't push it in an upward direction off of my head.It's just true. For some reason your arm will break before it comes off your head if you are pushing down hard enough. Give it a try. You'll see.
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
Quote:
On 2008-03-08 18:48, Donavon wrote:
..For some reason your arm will break before it comes off your head if you are pushing down hard enough. Give it a try. You'll see.

Ok, I tried it and now I have a broken arm, what do I do next?
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
PUT A POOL BALL IN YOUR MOUTH
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
I knew a guy who jump up onto a pool table from standing still with no running or getting ready. Just bent his knees and jumped strait up onto the pool table. He could make money betting in any bar that had pool tables in it.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
I wouldnt take that bet for money, I can do that easily
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Hot Dog! I found the video!

The offer still stands as mentioned a page or two prior.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 11:04, chichi711 wrote:
The trick where you say. I'll bet you 10 bucks the next card I turn over will be your card. Suckers take that bet everytime.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I betcha $5.00 this quarter will land heads on the pool table. If they are gamblers they will take it thinkiing they have a fifty-fifty chance. Wrong.
gump
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gump
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 19:08, Rotten wrote:
I betcha $5.00 this quarter will land heads on the pool table. If they are gamblers they will take it thinkiing they have a fifty-fifty chance. Wrong.
How does that work -- what's the catch?
Rodentia
View Profile
New user
Southern California
81 Posts

Profile of Rodentia
Perhaps a 2-headed coin? tho that is so obvious I am betting it's not the answer.
Fire is a demanding Mistress...

http://combustiblecircus.com
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 19:08, Rotten wrote:

Im guessing it works in the sense that if it literally lands heads up on the table you win, or if it lands tails up the head in ON the pool table.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
BIngo Soccergod. It's all in the wording. You win either heads up or down.
Mimix
View Profile
New user
The Land of Aus
17 Posts

Profile of Mimix
My dad showed this to me a few years back. Im not one to bet unless I'm 90% sure I'll win. So it was my two brothers that were the suckers.
My dad pulls out a fifty dollar note and says "want fifty bucks boys".
"Hell Yeah" we reply.
He continues "Well I'll wrap this note around your wrist and if I take my cigarette and burn a hole in the note you can have it. But if you pull your hand away before the note burns you don't get it"
Being the eldest I knew my dad was a consummate practical joker so as soon as I heard there was a catch I was out of there. Especially with the prospect of hot stuff against my skin. Though my brothers had yet experienced the full force of dads shenanigans.
So the second oldest shoves out his wrist.
"That fifty is mine" he proclaims.
So dad starts the process. Within seconds, maybe milliseconds, my brother has jerked his arm out.
"No money for you" Dad says with a smile on his face. I know that smile!
"Your a pussy" says my youngest brother thrusting his arm out.
This had now become a test to see who was the toughest. So once again the cigarette was put to the $50 note and my little bro was looking like he was going to be $50 richer.
Finally he pulls his arm out screaming in pain, swearing and running around the lounge-room. Dad holds up the $50 still in tact this time chuckling.
Of course we were baffled as to why we were not up $50 and my brother bore a scar on his wrist for a few years to come.??????????????????????????????????

Skin burns at a much lower temperature than paper. So unless its someone who likes pain id say it generally works. If you have plastic currency, as we do now, I don't know.
Should my dad get reported to child services? Probably.
The simple things in life are often the best
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I will share a similar story. Only more rotten.

I was 18 years old working as a waiter and making pretty good money, considering I was living with my folks for a few more months. One night my coworkers were having a party and I went. There were a bunch of kids I didn't know that came from a trade school that was an alternative to prison. We were daring each other crazy stuff and I made the above wager with a twenty dollar bill. The young man, my age at the time, said he would take the dare but he wanted to hold the cigarette and I said okay, as long as he never took it off the bill and kept the bill tight. He lit a cig, stuck it to his arm and continued to puff on it to keep the cherry glowing. As the cigarette burned down, to my amazement, he asked if he could use another cigarette to finish. I was shocked he had made it this long and I said okay. Looking back it was pretty rotten of me. His buddy lit up another one and he used the second cigarette down to the butt. He did burn a tiny hole in the bill and I let him keep it. The next day his arm was swollen grotesquely and yellow, black and blue. I never saw him again after that and never made the wager again. Don't make a bet with a desperate man.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You know you can get paid in some places for doing that to somone.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL