The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing coke bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mtphun
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mtphun
I recently purchased the vanishing coke bottle because it was such a well made prop for my collection. I am now perplexed to come up with any clever routine other than vanishing it into a paper bag. Does anyone know where I can find a routine to use this great prop?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I rarely use the Nielson props for a vanish. I use them as part of a larger egg bag routine and produce them! I use part of the Marlo egg bag routine that ends with a bottle that can be handed out (although the gimmicked bottle is the one produced). I use one of the beer bottles rather than the coke bottle (it's in a bar act).

I have used the empty coke bottle and a real bottle of coke to do a Passe’-Passe’ routine. It ends with the bag and gimmicked empty bottle crushed and tossed away and the real coke handed out.

I could go on, but this should give you some ideas to start brainstorming.

Hope it helps!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
How about making the bottle vanish and having the Coke reappear via Healed and Sealed?
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
There is a book full of ideas
Buy it.
I use it for coin in the bottle
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
I've seen several vanishing coke bottles, all differently priced, on the market. As everyone is always saying "it's so well made," which one is best? Is there a poorly made one?
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
If you're going to get one, tkuhns, get the Nielsen.

By the way, Nielsen makes a book that has a bunch of cool things you can do with it.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I heard the disadvantage is with the label. It wrinkles because of the effect.
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
Harry Anderson used the Nielson Bottles in conjunction with the Tricky Bottles, where he removed the tubes from a large paper grocery bag, then one bottle at a time, finding that for one reason or another, the Nielson bottles weren't quite right, (too big, too small, etc.) and then removed the bottles that came with the tricky bottles. Setting those to the side, he crushed the bag with the three or four Nielson bottles.

Blackstone Sr. did a Parvo glass routine and used the bottle for a "shiner". He would offer a heckler a bottle and a bird. He took the bottle, put it in the bag, and said,
"Here's the bottle," crushed it and as he tossed it on the tray he would say, "and there's the bird."

Now don't use their routines. I offer them as food for thought.

The Nielson Bottle Book is a great resource.
As far as the labels go, order more from Nielson or have a graphic artist air-brush a picture of a label onto the bottle. For long time storage, I lightly talc powder my bottles and keep them in a cardboard tube.

Good luck.
-vk
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
Hi!

Is this vanishing beer bottle trick that everyone is mentioning a great effect? While in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, I stopped by a magic shop in Ceasar's Palace Forum Shops Mall. The guy in there did a demo of several effects, including a vanishing bottle effect where a paper bag was pulled up around a beer bottle in his hand, and then the bag was simply crushed into a ball and tossed aside! I'm assuming that what I saw there is this effect mentioned in this post?

If so, which effect is the best to purchase and where? Thanks for any information or advice!

Frank
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Harry the Clown
Martin Lewis in his video called "Making Magic" has a very cool routine with the bottle!
:thehat:
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
I like using this with the paper sack. I then produce the bottle ala Michael Ammar.
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
The best are the Nielsen bottles you can get here, http://www.dennymagic.com or by your magic dealer. Another chance is to get it
http://www.nnmagic.com/ here.

Markus
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Buy 2 coke bottles and cut them in half making them look really jagged and put the 4 different pieces in 4 bags and number the bags, Let the audience choose the 3 you will not crush , and then put the one you will crush to the side. when you crush the 3 they chose for you the people aren't away their is a nielson bottle inside , when you pull up the bottle for th one you didn't choose they will be amazed ! I got this idea from Kuffs
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:
On 2002-12-24 19:20, Dynamike wrote:
I heard the disadvantage is with the label. It wrinkles because of the effect.

The Nielsen Coke bottle doesn't have a label; the logo is painted on in white paint. Mine looks like The Real Thing.

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Have you ever tried to cut a Coke bottle in half? That's a trick in itself.

Jim
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
Dynamike its true that the label will wrinkle some after a lot of use but you can continue to iron it out. It does last a long time and in a bar its not to noticable if its a little wrinkled anyway. What I have done is peeled (or steamed) different beer bottle labels off real beer bottles and then applied the labels onto my vanishing bottle with a small amount of chap stick. This allows me to do different beer bottles instead of just the one Bud (or whatever label) came with the bottle I bought. I started doing this because the Miller Lite bottle I got (unlike the Bud) has a lable that is NOT a matching Miller Lite Label (at least in New England). It looks different so it was not useable until I came up with this idea and again the beauty of it is you can do numerous beer labels. Just wipe the chap stick off with a cloth later. What I am interested in learning is how to put beer in the bottle so I can pour it before doing the crushed bag effect. That would add to the impact. The bottom of the bottle is open so you can't have liquid in it. Any ideas on how to have some liguid in the bottle? Thanks
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
I think you can buy or perhaps make a bladder to hold liquid in the bottle.
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I bought 2 real glass Coke bottles that I found at an old antiique store, They matched my Neilson Vanishing Coke bottle perfectly, but I ended up breaking both of them. Recently I ran across some more that I found in a storage building. I did not even know they were there, so it was a pleasant surprise!

Regan
Mister Mystery
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Albertsons grocery store is now selling 6 oz glass coke bottles and they have had them in stock for quite a while. While I'm doing my set up and the guests are starting to sit down and settle (usually in a living room or den) I actually open the coke in front of them and start drinking it while setting up. I always put it behind a prop on top of the table in between sips. On the last sip I place it in the same place and remove the shielding prop along with the glass bottle revealing the nielson bottle that was sitting there all along. I introduce myself and start with the coke bottle which always gets the show off to a great start. Hope that helps.
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
My coke graphic is rubbing off. What is the best way to get this replaced concerning the white coke writing?
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing coke bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL