The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing coke bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Contact Norm, he may have some advice.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 23:17, Levity wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-12-24 19:20, Dynamike wrote:
I heard the disadvantage is with the label. It wrinkles because of the effect.

The Nielsen Coke bottle doesn't have a label; the logo is painted on in white paint. Mine looks like The Real Thing.

G

Nielsen sells a red vinyl "colorform" style label to match some current bottle, but it doesn't wrinkle, it's practically indestructible.

On the topic of the OP's question, Doc Dixon has a wonderful routine with a Nielsen Beer Bottle. Although it does use the usual paper bag, it is the strongest routine I have ever seen with the bottle. It involves a can of Pringles. Contact Doc here on the Café for more details.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On the topic of the OP's question, Doc Dixon has a wonderful routine with a Nielsen Beer Bottle. Although it does use the usual paper bag, it is the strongest routine I have ever seen with the bottle. It involves a can of Pringles. Contact Doc here on the Café for more details.

Thank. The routine is found in MonkeyShines Volume One which can be found here:
http://www.dixonmagic.com/page9/page9.html

Basically a bottle is signed, vanishes and then reappears inside a sealed can of Pringles.

Best,

Doc
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Is a nice idea to use it in combination with Hughe's Delages fastest Trick in the world.
I have seen Gaetan Bloom do it for a Laymen and its works so well!
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKryURP7Vh8
My best,
Hansel!

P.S: Gaetan don't use the version of Richard Hughes of the vanishing bouquet!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Quote:
On 2010-03-11 15:32, Hansel wrote:
Is a nice idea to use it in combination with Hughe's Delages fastest Trick in the world.
I have seen Gaetan Bloom do it for a Laymen and its works so well!
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKryURP7Vh8
My best,
Hansel!

P.S: Gaetan don't use the version of Richard Hughes of the vanishing bouquet!

Thank you for that video!

I really loved the way natural and motivated way Gaetan interacted with his environment. From the bouquet's disappearance while sniffing, to the scissors on cord, and the really brilliant cut and restored microphone cord routine he did.

That's some incredibly creative magic. Despite my inability to understand Spanish, Gaetan's vibrant character and impressive acting ability had me glued to the screen the whole time.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
In his lecture at the 2010 IBM convention, I saw Fielding West produce a wine glass full of water from the bag after he put the Coke bottle in it, but before he crushed the bag. It gives a good ending to the effect and takes all of the "heat" off the bag. During the routine, the "empty bag" upside down to show the bag is empty without calling attention to that fact.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I'm thinking of buying the vanishing cola bottle, and I like fielding west routine, where can I buy a joke wine glass that doesn't spill. I can't get gate on blooms clip to work in the above,
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2018, wally wrote:
I'm thinking of buying the vanishing cola bottle, and I like fielding west routine, where can I buy a joke wine glass that doesn't spill. I can't get Gaetan on Bloom"s clip to work in the above,

The glass brandy snifter with sealed in liquid are available from many joke and novelty stores or websites. They are very fragile, as they are blown glass. They come and go off the market. It is not a standard gag item. Just search the Internet. I know I seen them some years back, when it was discussed on the Café. Our local magic store carried them, but they were not a great seller item. They were off the market for about 30 years, then 15 years ago made a resurgence, and quickly sold. I believe there is a DVD by a FISM Close-up winner sharing his routine producing 4 these sealed glasses.

Sorry, not familiar with Gaetan Bloom's effect using them.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Thanks Bill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing coke bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL